Who doesn’t love a delicious Bagel? These Keto Gluten-Free Bagels are just as scrumptious as any other bagel on the market, except they are gluten-free, and low in carbs for those that are watching their carb intake. They’re so easy and quick to make and you’re going to love how fast you’re in and out of the kitchen.
I’m personally in love with these Keto Gluten-Free Bagels and have one each morning with a dollop of cream cheese and I stay fueled for most of my day! Thanks to a friend of mine, I’ve been working on the Keto Diet for the past few months and I’ve been watching my carb intake, and I haven’t been eating breads, sweets or any of those “delicious” items that can pack on the carbs. That is, until I created this recipe!
These Keto Gluten-Free Bagels can be made to taste sweet or savory depending on the seasoning you want to add. The ones made for this recipe are sweet but without added sugar. I added a teaspoon of cinnamon and an eighth of a teaspoon of pumpkin spice to give it that little extra kick, to make my brain think I’m having a sweet treat for breakfast! Yep, it’s easy to fool your brain if you use the right seasoning. For the savory ones I add garlic, thyme and a pinch of rosemary. They’re great to use as bread for burgers or sandwiches as well!
These Keto Gluten-Free Bagels are a delicious way to enjoy a healthier way of eating. These little babies only hold 5 net carbs per bagel. So now, you can have your bagel and eat it too!
- 2 cups – Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – I used Sargento’s Fine Shred
- 2 oz. – Cream Cheese – you can use the ½ fat, but I used the full fat in this recipe
- 2 large – Eggs - beaten
- 1 ½ cups – Almond Flour – fine grind
- 1 Tbsp. – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. – Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. – Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together into a small bowl – almond flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and set bowl aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat on high for one minute, remove and stir well. Heat for an additional minute. Remove from microwave.
- Add flour mixture and eggs to cheese mixture and combine with wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Knead with hands until a firmer dough forms (like playdough).
- Divide dough into 6 equals parts and shape them into a bagel form (circle with hole in the middle). Lay on prepared sheet pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or free and pop in the toaster when you want one.
With these Keto Gluten-Free Bagels you don’t have to worry about all the extra carbs like you do with regular bagels or bread. These scrumptious babies are only 5 net carbs per serving and you can’t get any better than that in my book of goodness. This way with these Keto Gluten-Free Bagels you can have your bagels and eat them too! Enjoy a bite of goodness without all the carbs.
From my kitchen to yours,