Oh my, this Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wrap is simply to die for! My husband and I went away for a much-needed weekend and this time I decided not to cook at all. So, we stayed in a wonderful kitchen-less hotel (we usually stay where there is a kitchenette so I can cook) and we absolutely love being spoiled by all the different restaurants we ate at.
Our first place for quick-lunch was at Red Robin’s (my husband’s choice) and I ordered their Lettuce Chicken Wrap. Yes, I was a little skeptical about eating there because being gluten-free I get a little nervous going to places I have not been to or looked up online to check out. Needless to say, I was amazed at the attentiveness of our waitress and how educated she was on food allergies. She was very accommodating and we will certainly be frequent customers from now on. Oh, and you can even have their fries – they fry them in a dedicated fryer for allergies! Always check with your nearest chain to make sure before taking my word, each restaurant may not be the same. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
My Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wrap is as close I can get to theirs, and yes, it is absolutely delicious! By making it at home I was able to control my portions and have a wonderfully healthy, keto diet approved meal. Minus the fries of course. This wrap packs a whopping 5 net carbs to your daily count! Yep, I said – 5 net carbs for your meal! Since I’ve been watching my carb intake I make this a least once per week.
These Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a healthier way to enjoy a light and delicious chicken sandwich. Each wrap contains 5 net carbs, which keeps you within the Keto Diet range. So you get something delicious without all the added bad.
- 1 Tbsp. – McCormick’s - Chicken Seasoning
- 4 halves – Chicken Breasts - grilled
- 1 small – Red Onion – sliced thin
- 1 large – Vine Ripe Tomato – sliced thin
- 16 large – Lettuce Leaves – 4 per wrap
- 4 Tbsp. – Ranch Dressing
- Parchment paper – 4 pieces
- Season chicken and grill 4 minutes on each side for a total of 16 minutes on medium hot grill. Remove and let rest while get the other ingredients ready.
- Assembly wrap – lay 2 pieces of lettuce on plate, place chicken beast on top of lettuce, then add tomato, onion, and ranch dressing, then place 2 pieces of lettuce on top.
- Wrap each lettuce wrap with parchment paper – easier to hold and eat!
So, if you’re watching your carb intake or just wanting to eat for a healthier way of life then this Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wrap is right up your grill and into your mouth! You can change up the recipe and use different seasonings, bib lettuce and add some warm spices to your dressing for a different bite of healthy goodness. Either way, these wraps are going to fill you up and keep you satisfied and you won’t even miss the bread or all those carbs you don’t need. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
From my kitchen to yours,