This tasty Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake has been on our menu for the past few years! It’s quick and easy to make and taste like you were in the kitchen all morning! It’s my take on the traditional breakfast bake with it kicked up a notch or two for added goodness.
What better way to start off Mother’s Day than with this Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake for the ladies or men in your life! This is a great way to get the kids involved in making something special for mom or dad. I love the silky smoothness of the yolk mixed in with the fresh veggies and hash browns, and the bacon’s crispness is one loving bite full of goodness. I like to add some hot peppers to mine to kick up my morning energy! Oh yeah!
I also love to fix this Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake on any and all occasions. It great for through the week when you are in a rush. It’s so quick and easy all you have to do is throw in the oven and use the time while it’s baking to spend with the family playing a board game or helping them with their homework! If you’re like I am, you always have someone that needs help with that!
This Mother's Day Breakfast Bake is one delicious bite of goodness. What better way to surprise you loved one but with a quick and easy special breakfast! Happy Mother's Day.
- 3 cups – Shredded Potatoes – 4 to 6 small Idaho potatoes
- 1 package – Pre-Cooked Bacon – diced - reserve 4 slices for topping.
- ½ large – Red Onion – diced
- 1 cup – Shredded Cheese – I use Vegan
- 1 handful – Baby Spinach – diced
- 1 handful – Baby Arugula – diced
- 7 – Whole Eggs -
- Spray Oil – I use Coconut Spray Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray bottom of large iron skillet or pan of your choice.
- Shred potatoes and drain on paper towel to absorb the moisture. Evenly press potatoes in bottom and up the sides of the skillet. Bake for 20 minutes. While this is baking ready your bacon and onion mixture.
- In a small pan heat diced onion and bacon until bacon is crispy and onions are done – about 5 minutes. Once potatoes are done sprinkle on top bacon and onion mixture, then evenly sprinkle on cheese, spinach, and arugula.
- Top mixture with eggs and bake for 10 minutes or until egg whites are done and they yolks are runny. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite toast and fruit!
- Happy Mother’s Day!
This delicious Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake will put a smile on that special person in your life. Surprise her or him with a delicious good for you breakfast that you made all by yourself. It’s so easy that any inexperienced cook can whip out in no time and it will taste like a professional made it. There is no better gift to give a loved one than one you made yourself, and this one is simply scrumptious. I hope you enjoy this Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake as much as my family has.
Happy Mother’s Day – From my kitchen to yours,
Looking for another idea to surprise Mom? Try my Quick and Easy Potato Egg Baskets!