A party is not a party without these delicious Gluten-Free Petit Fours! Today is my birthday and my granddaughter Autumn wanted to help make me something special and These Gluten-Free Petit Fours were on the menu.
My family has gone nuts-o (as they call it) over these Gluten-Free Petit Fours. To tell you the truth, this was my first attempt at making them. I’ve always seen them in stores and magazines and being gluten-free I was unable to join in on the tasting. So, I decided to give them a whirl myself and guess what? It was one of the most delicious decision I’ve ever made! As my granddaughter, would say (in the voice of a very tiny person, while batting her eye lashes “Pateet Fors AnE won).
Oh, I forgot to mention that my granddaughter (she is my biggest critic) helped me with this recipe from beginning to end! She had been really sick for a few days (with the winter bug that everyone seems to get) and she wanted to help Grammie bake something (she is one of my kitchen girls) up for the blog. It was her idea to make these Gluten-Free Petit Fours lemon and raspberry flavor and it was spot on!
Gluten-Free Petit Fours are a delicious bite of tiny little cakes that are sure to please everyone! These tasty little things are great for any occasion!
- 1 package – Bob’s Red Mill – Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 – Egg
- 3 – Egg Whites
- ½ cup – Coconut Oil – melted
- ½ cup – Water
- ¼ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 1 tsp – Lemon Extract/Flavoring
- 1 – Sheet Pan – 18x26 – if you have a smaller one you can still use it. Your little cakes will be taller.
- Parchment Paper
- Spray Coconut Oil – or spray oil of your choice
- 4 ½ cups – Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup – Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ½ tsp – Raspberry Extract/Flavoring
- 3 small - baggies
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Spray sheet pan with oil and cover with parchment paper and then spray the oil on top of the parchment paper and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together – cake mix, egg, egg whites, coconut oil, water, vanilla, and lemon until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan and bake at 320 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Mine took 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cake is cool cut into 1 x 1 inch squares. Now make your icing.
- Mix all ingredients except for food coloring until nice and creamy (batter will be thin). Divide icing – ¼ cup for red, ¼ cup for pink, ¼ cup for light blue, leaving most icing for plain white. Add food coloring to according bowls.
- Prepare your work space the wax paper and lay cake squares on top. I used a cookie drying rack to put mine on and put wax paper underneath. Pour white icing over cake squares and allow to dry (about 15 minutes).
- Put colored icing into small baggies and drizzle over white icing. Allow to set and serve or store in plastic container with lid in refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
The total time posted here does not included cooling or setting time.
These Gluten-Free Petit Fours are one of the most moist and delicious cakes I’ve ever made! Not only is this recipe easy to make, you can also bring the family into the kitchen and get them involved in all the fun as well. These would be a wonderful easy dessert to bring to any family gathering, business gathering or send to school for one of their parties, doesn’t matter, they are going to love it! They look like you spent hours in the kitchen making them but really only took approximately an hour and a half! Now that’s the kind of recipe everyone likes! Enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another family friendly recipe? Try my Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes!