Gluten-Free Butter Pecan Bars are seriously my new favorite dessert! I personally love Pecan Pie and these little bites taste wonderfully delicious! They have all the good stuff you put into regular pecan pie, but these are gluten-free and easy to make. Believe me, my family went nuts over these. I had to make another batch so I could take pictures! They got into the kitchen before I could say stop and were standing around the counter digging into them! At least they did give me one with a big smile and a sorry for devouring my creation before I was able to get that perfect picture. Everything is forgiven since my hubby decided to clean the kitchen for me!!
While making these Gluten-Free Butter Pecan Bars I had memories of my mother in the kitchen making her famous pecan pie and wishing she could be with me in my kitchen. Memories are the love of life that has been lived and I have so many of those memories and happy moments of baking and cooking with her that almost everything I make I can connect a story to! She is the reason why I have my grandchildren in the kitchen with me as much as I can. I pay homage to her with this recipe for Gluten-Free Butter Pecan Bars. Thanks Mom – you did it again.
Gluten-Free Pecan Bars are a delicious treat for any day of the week or as a take along to any function! These tasty bites are sure to please everyone, especially the pecan pie lover in you home.
- 1 cup – Bob’s Red Mills 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour
- ¾ cup – Coconut Flour
- ½ cup – Sugar
- 1 stick – Cold Butter - cubed
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 cup – Corn Syrup
- 1 cup – Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 stick – Cold Butter – cubed
- 4 – Eggs – beaten
- 1 ½ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 2 ½ cups – Pecans – chopped
- 13x9 Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together in a medium bowl – flours, sugar and salt.
- Cut in cold cubed butter into flour with a fork or do what I do – use your hands until mixture is course and crumbly. Press mixture into 13x9 in baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. While crust is cooling start make your filling.
- In a medium cooking pot combine – corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter. Bring mixture to a boil, once boiling – remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and vanilla. Whisk in ¼ cup or corn syrup mixture until combine, then whisk in the rest. Whisk in remaining corn syrup mixture.
- Stir in chopped pecans and pour over cookie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
These little sweet bites of Gluten-Free Butter Pecan Bars are a wonderful treat to serve at Sunday brunch, a book club, garden club, school parties, and pretty much any gathering that you need to bring a dish to. They’re much easier to serve than a pie and you get more pieces by making bars.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want to try another delicious gluten-free treat? Try my Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls!