Egg Salad With A Twist is great to take-along to any function, school, work, or family gathering. With Easter coming up and having seven (7) grandchildren we always make dozens and dozens of colored eggs and a lot of times we have way too many boiled eggs left in the house because they forgot to take them home. What better way to use up all the boiled eggs than my Egg Salad With A Twist!
The funniest part is letting one of them smash them up with my cute little egg man! I picked it up at one of the stores that sells almost anything, and I’m so glad I did. It’s way better than using a fork to smash them and with the younger grandchildren you want to make sure they don’t use knives. It’s our favorite conversation with the kids. Whomever is using it usually peeps like a baby chick. Believe me, when you have three or more of the running around peeping you can’t help but laugh. Laughter in the kitchen is one of the best medicines around.
Egg Salad With A Twist is a great way to use up all those boiled eggs you fixed at Easter. These little sandwiches are perfect for brunch, dinner, as a take-a-long for any function.
- 1 dozen Eggs – Hard boiled*
- ½ cup – Mayo – low fat
- ½ cup – Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp – Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp. – Dill Relish
- 2 tbsp. – Red Bell Pepper – finely diced
- ½ tbsp. – Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp. – Onion – finely diced
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic – to taste
- Once eggs are done allow them to cool.
- While eggs are getting all nice in comfy in their hot bath, get your dressing ready.
- In a small bowl combine rest of ingredients stirring well and place in refrigerator until eggs have cooled.
- Once eggs are cooled smash/chop into small chucks into a medium bowl. Add dressing stirring well. Serve on your favorite bread or crackers.
* The perfect boiled egg – bring water and eggs to a boil in a large pot, once they boil place a lid on top and remove from heat and allow eggs to sit for 15 minutes. Do not remove the lid until after 15 minutes.
I love the combined flavors of my Egg Salad With A twist the eggs with mayo, yogurt, and peppers along with some other tasty ingredients kick up an regular old boring egg sandwich! I love how easy these are to make as well. Oh, and boiling the perfect egg is a cinch, all you have to do is put your eggs in a pot of water, bring it to a boil, cover and remove from heat and let set for 15 minutes. The yolks are a nice yellow and the whites are perfectly done, no fuss needed and the centers don’t have that grayish color from over cooking them. My Egg Salad With A Twist are wonderful to serve anytime and will certainly be on the top of the list for remaking. Enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours,
Looking for another delicious sandwich? Try my Pesto Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
What twist do you put into your egg salad?