It’s not a great weekend without this delicious Cuban Style Pork Sandwich!
One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is plug in the crock pot and let it do all the work for me! It’s simple to add all your ingredients, set the heat temp and walk away and let the cooker do its work. I love to free up my time on the weekends to spend more of it with my family.
A lot of times we will head out to the movies to see whatever is popular and come back home and walk into a home that is smelling wonderful. All the work is done for you and you don’t have to worry or slave over a hot stove to put out a delicious meal. All I did was assemble these delicious Cuban Style Pork Sandwich and dinner was served.
This Cuban Style Pork Sandwich is one of our favorites to make over the weekend. It's delicious and taste like you spent hours slaving away! Free up your time to spend with the family.
- ¼ tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp each – Ground Cumin, Italian Seasoning, and Weber Pork Seasoning
- 4 lb. – Pork Roast – boneless
- 1 tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- ½ cup – Lime Juice
- ½ cup – Orange Juice
- 8 slices – Swiss Cheese
- 8 – Gluten-Free Hoagie Rolls
- ½ lb. – Virginia Ham – sliced for sandwiches
- 16 - Dill Pickle Slices
- 8 tsp – Brown Mustard
- Mix together seasoning. Heat coconut oil in a large pan until nice and hot. Season roast with half of the seasoning and sear on each side in pan. Once the pork roast is seared place in crock-pot/slow cooker set on low.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasoning, add lime juice and orange juice together and pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove roast from cooker and slice for sandwiches. Spread mustard on bottom of rolls, add sliced ham, pork slices, then swiss cheese, pickle slices and little more mustard on the top. Place top portion of bun on and serve with your favorite chips.
The combination of the lime juice along with the orange juice and the seasonings, is a delicious miracle. My grandchildren think I’m a miracle worker and why try to change their minds, I mean you are putting out a delicious meal that taste like you’ve spent all day slaving in your kitchen and you loved ones think you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread.
This recipe for a Cuban Style Pork Sandwich are great to put together to serve a crowd or just a few. I always make a large portion and divide it up into to containers for the freeze for those weeknights when I just don’t have time to be in the kitchen. Pull the container out of the freezer, allow it to thaw and heat and serve. Tada, another meal out of the way in a snap, and they taste just as fresh as they did over the weekend. So, get your crock pot/slow cooker out and slave away by plugging it in and adding your ingredients. We will keep your secret on this end, no worries.
From my kitchen to yours,
Looking for another quick recipe for those busy nights? Try my Pesto Grilled Chicken Sandwich!
What’s your favorite recipe to cook in your crock pot/slow cooker?