Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Slaw Topping is what we have on our menu for Sunday’s game! Yep, we are a football family and when it’s on, I’m the kitchen Quarterback, running for the food touchdown goal! One bite and you’re hooked for the duration of the game. No sneaking around the kitchen Quarterback trying to steal the food. I always have my block up and will protect the meal from being scarfed down in two bites. My defense is in play!
Picture this – your family has just heard the 2-minute warning for half-time and you’re in the kitchen slapping on the last of the slaw for these delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches, and you’re feeling crushed for time! So what do you do? You side step the ones that entered early thinking they were going to be the first ones to the table, and you counter turn and strong-arm block your hubby, who thinks he’s should be the first one grabbing the sandwich! You do a hurdle over the grandchildren and grab the top sandwich and take that goal winning bite…and…SCORE! You, got the first winning bite! You take a step back to revel in your victory as you watch the hungry crowd load up on your delicious food, and you know you’ve won this game.
These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Slaw Topping is going to be the game winner! There will be no opposing team because they all want to you on your side of the field.
- 5 – 6 pound – Pork Roast
- 2 Tbsp. – Weber Pork Seasoning*
- 1 large – Onion – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup – Rachel Ray’s Veggie Stock
- ¼ cup – Ketchup
- 1 Bottle – Stubs Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup – Pork juices – once pork is done you can collect this
- 8 – Gluten-Free Buns
- 1 bag – Slaw Mix
- ½ cup – Mayo
- ½ cup – Greek Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. – Stevia in The Raw
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Combine all ingredients and keep cool until ready to serve.
- Season pork roast with Weber’s Seasoning and place roast in slow cooker on low.
- Add onions and veggie stock.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast, trim off fat and discard. Shred roast with 2 forks by scraping across roast.
- Discard juices from slow cooker, saving 1 cup.
- Place shredded pork back in slow cooker and pour ketchup, BBQ sauce and juice over meat. Stir well. Cook on low for 30 minutes. Serve with slaw on top of sandwich.
*Weber makes gluten-free products that are delicious.
These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Slaw Topping are certainly leading the team to the win! No worries about the opposing team because they will be in your line up at half-time scarfing down, your victory meal. For those that are really on the edge about the game and are on the opposite side of the field, just put some extra crushed red peppers in their sandwich! Believe me, they will be crossing over enemy lines really quick! Get your goal winning apron on and fix up these game winning Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Slaw Topping and serve up some deliciousness for your team.
From my kitchen to yours,
Looking for another game winner? Try my Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip!