Chicken Pot Pie Stew is my version of the chicken pot pie. Each is served in individual ramekins so everyone gets their own! It’s loaded with all kinds of tasty ingredients to warm your family up on the first bite. This Chicken Pot Pie Stew is relatively quick and easy to make using the freshest ingredients available. The think delicious broth loaded with fresh veggies and a warm and golden brown biscuit as the topping. Pure comfort food as it’s best.
This is fast becoming a family favorite by everyone. My husband loves hearty meals that stick to your ribs and warms you up from the inside out! A few of the grandchildren love the crunchy outer layer of the biscuit with a little melted butter poured over the top and a couple of them like to have some cheddar cheese melted over the top to give it a creamy cheesy flavor. Mine, I like to sprinkle crushed red peppers on top of the biscuit before it bakes to give the stew a little spicy warmth. Delicious!
- 3 cups - Cooked Chicken – you can grill 2 large chicken breasts* or buy a rotisserie chicken, cut into cubes.
- 1 medium – Onion – diced
- 4 large – Carrots – washed and diced, no need to peel
- 6 large – Celery Stalks – diced
- 2 cups – Frozen Baby Peas
- 1 cup – Frozen Corn
- 2 cartons – Chicken Stock
- 2 cups – Veggie Stock
- 1 tsp each – Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp each – Ground Cumin and Garlic Powder – you can use fresh garlic, I didn’t because I was out
- ¼ cup – Corn Starch
- ¼ cup – cold water
- 1 tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- 1 container – Gluten-Free Biscuits
- Cube chicken and set aside. If you are grilling the chicken, sprinkle 1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash on chicken and grill 6 minutes on each side. Allow to cool and cube.
- In a large stock pot saute diced and frozen veggies in coconut oil for 5 minutes then season with seasoning. Add stocks and allow to cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add corn starch to cold water and stir well removing all lumps. Pour into soup mix to thicken. Add cubed chicken and heat through.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray and scoop soup into ramekins to ¾ full. Roll biscuits to flatten a little and stretch over top of each ramekin. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until tops of biscuits are a nice golden brown. Serve.
Warm up your soul from the inside out with this Chicken Pot Pie Stew. It’s a hearty dish to serve up on these cold winter days to keep you and your family nice and toasty. You can make a lot or a little, feed 10 or feed 4, you decide out much to make. If you are cooking for a large group, just double up the recipe and you’re ready feed a small army that will surely be smiling at the end of dinner. We hope you enjoy this Chicken Pot Pie Stew as much as we have.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want to try another warm and hearty meal? Try my Snow Day Chicken Soup!
Don’t forget to come back and sign up for our February Giveaway!