Anyone up for these Homemade Butterscotch Candies? They are the bee’s knee’s as a close friend of mine says every time I send him some of these creamy buttery tasting treats. I love to make these and wrap them in cellophane and put them in a candy dish for the holidays. They keep everyone happy while dinner is cooking.
These scrumptious Homemade Butterscotch Candies are a wonderful gift packed up for friends, family, and co-workers. Make up a couple of batches and put them in a decorative tin and give them as gifts to your neighbors wishing them a very Merry Christmas or to teachers thanking them for a wonderful job for having your child in their classroom and teaching them things that they will need to further their dreams in life.
I make at least 4 batches and wrap them up for the grandchildren to take to school for their holiday parties. I also love to make these Homemade Butterscotch Candies for my grandson’s youth group at the church. I so enjoy walking in there with delicious homemade treats and have all the kids say “Hi Grammie”. It seems like I’ve become the neighborhood Grammie around here. There is nothing better than seeing a smile on the faces of these children. It warms my heart and soul.
These Homemade Butterscotch Candies are a delightful treat for the holidays or any occasion. They’re really great to give as gifts to co-workers, teachers, mail carriers, and bus drivers. Put them out and keep the family from attacking you while cooking up that delicious holiday meal. These Homemade Butterscotch Candies are the bomb!
- ½ cup – Butter – real butter
- ½ cup – Coconut Oil
- 2 ½ cups – Sugar
- ¾ cup – Water
- ½ cup – Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup – Honey
- ½ tsp. – Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. – Rum Flavoring
- ½ tsp. – Pure Vanilla
- 1 tsp. – Butter – to grease pan
- 1 cup – Powdered Sugar – for rolling candy in
- Sheet pan lined with parchment or hard candy molds sprayed with non-cooking spray.
- Candy Thermometer
- Foil Candy Wrappers or Wax Paper – for wrapping candies
- Butter parchment paper in sheet pan.
- In heavy sauce pan, add – sugar, water and syrup, cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. DO NOT STIR during this phase. Once mixture starts to boil, remove lid and inset candy thermometer and cook to 270 degrees to a soft crack stage.
- Add honey, salt, butter, and coconut oil. Stirring constantly until heat reaches 300 degrees – hard cracked stage. Remove from heat, stir in rum and vanilla flavoring.
- Pour into hard candy molds and allow to cool. Once cool pop candy out of molds and wrap in foil wrappers or wax paper. Cool for 5 minutes then score top of candy with a blunt (butter) knife or a ruler. Once completely cool break apart.
- Once cooled and broke apart, roll candy in powdered sugar and shake off excess. This keeps the candy from sticking together. Store candy in an air tight container.
These delightful Homemade Butterscotch Candies are a smooth creamy taste of goodness and will keep you wanting more than one! Believe me, they are much better than the store-bought candies. These are made with nothing but 100% love and sprinkled with extra Grammie love. Make up a few batches and take to work to calm the savage beast that may hang around your office of work-site.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another sweet treat to fix up for your family? Try my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups!