Lately I’ve been all about cooking in a crockpot and these Cranberry Pork Sandwiches with Cranberry BBQ Sauce have now become one of my most requested game day meals. It’s easy to fix and the crockpot does all the work, that’s a plus for me because game day around here can get a little crazy. I also created these delicious Cranberry Pork Sandwiches to enter them into the Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries baking and cooking contest as well, along with my Cranberry Champagne Cake.
For this recipe of Cranberry Pork Sandwiches, I cooked them overnight instead of during the day. I think the New England Patriots game that day started at 1 pm so I wanted them to be done early enough so I was able to watch the game and not be stuck in the kitchen. We are a big football family here in Maine and I really don’t want to be held up in the kitchen, especially when our company was rooting for the opposing team. By half-time everyone is too busy scarfing down these Cranberry Pork Sandwiches instead of bragging who was in the lead. Which, by the way, the Pats were in the lead and won that day. Wahoo, go Pats!
These Cranberry Pork Sandwiches are great to serve on your favorite game day or any day of the week when you just don’t want to be tied to the kitchen.
- 4 lb. – Pork Roast – boneless, lean, very little fat
- 1 cup – Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup – Beef Stock
- ½ tsp each – Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cloves – Garlic – minced
- 1 Tbsp. – Weber Steak & Pork Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. – Organic Molasses
- ¼ cup – Honey* - raw local honey
- 1 6oz can – Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. – Yellow Mustard
- ¼ cup – Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. – Ground Cumin
- Pinch – Salt and Pepper
- ¼ tsp. – Crushed Red Peppers – not enough to make is spicy, but you can omit if you don’t like peppers
- 2 Tbsp. – Low Salt Ketchup – or your favorite brand
- 2 Tbsp. – Pure Maple Syrup**
- ½ cup – Water
- 1 package – Broccoli Slaw
- ½ cup Mayo
- ½ cup – Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp – Lemon Juice
- 1 packet – Stevia in the Raw
- Salt, Pepper, and garlic to taste.
- 1 package of - Gluten-Free Burger Rolls
- Place pork roast in crockpot the night before with cranberries, beef stock, salt, pepper, garlic, and weber seasoning. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours. You can do this also before going to work if that works best for you.
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until needed to top off your sandwiches.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size cooking pot. Cook on med/low for 15 minutes stirring frequently. While the sauce is getting all cozy on the stove it’s time to shred the pork roast.
- Turn off crockpot and remove pork roast from crockpot to a platter (leave cranberries and juice in crockpot) and using two forks shred the roast by raking the forks across the roast. Place shredded pork and cranberry BBQ sauce in crockpot, give it a really good stir. Heat on low or warm until you’re ready to serve.
*Using local honey from your area is so beneficial to the body and can help with seasonal allergies as well. **Buying locally from your nearby farm not only helps the farmers/growers in your area, it’s also better for you.
Not only are these Cranberry Pork Sandwiches great for any game day, but will certainly make any meal through the week easier as well. I topped our sandwiches off with some fresh coleslaw and served chips and fresh veggies, along with my Honey Yogurt Avocado Dip. There’s a little bit of everything to please all appetites. Cape Cod, thank you for the inspiration for these delightful Cranberry Pork Sandwiches.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another quick sandwich for game day? Try my Pesto Grilled Chicken Sandwich!
The contest began in the beginning of October and will end December 31st so if you’re interested, you should head on over to the Cape Cod’s Official page to enter, if there is still room. They are only taking 75 food bloggers for entry into the contest.
Store Locator – http://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/
Learn more about the products that Cape Cod offers – http://www.capecodselect.com/
Cape Cod Social Media Links
Twitter – https://twitter.com/CapeCodSelect
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/capecodselect/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/capecodselect/