We have a food crush on these Mexican Style Carmen Peppers! The sweetness from the carmen peppers combined with taco seasoning, tomatoes and other delicious ingredients make for one delightful bite. I had some of these wonderful carmen peppers left over from my Schezwan Cauliflower Rice that I fixed for my Secret Recipe Club monthly assignment and I knew right then I wanted something different and exciting to make. These Mexican Style Carmen Peppers are the spicy bomb!
Mexican Style Carmen Peppers are a delight full bite of goodness. These sweet peppers combined with some heat and other ingredients will make a meal to remember.
- 1 cup – Basmati Rice – or rice of your choice
- 3 Large – Carmen Sweet Peppers**
- 1 can – Corn – rinsed and drained well
- 1 can – Black Beans – rinsed and drained well
- 1 can - Diced Tomatoes – drained
- ¼ cup – Onion – diced
- ½ cup – Mixed Bell Peppers – diced – I used yellow and green
- ½ tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp – Ground Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. – Crushed Red Peppers
- 1 package – Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup – Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup – Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- Sour Cream and Salsa – for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pan with tinfoil and set aside until needed.
- Make rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking get started on veggies and peppers.
- In medium bowl combine – corn, black beans, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers and taco seasoning.
- Add cooked rice and stir well.
- Lay carmen peppers on sheet pan and scoop mixture into peppers. *
- Top mixture with cheese and bread crumbs. Bake 30 minutes and top with your favorite topping and serve.
*you will have left-over stuffing mix – safe this to make some delicious nachos! **Always remember when you can to support your local farmers and growers.
Once again, I have to thank one of our local establishments Northern Roots Grow (always support your local farmers and growers) for these healthy and delicious carmen peppers! They are truly amazing and can be incorporated into any dish. I’m in the process now or roasting them and putting them into a homemade soup (that recipe is for another date). I can’t believe I’ve never had one of these peppers before! I mean they are truly amazing. They’re not as bitter sweet as a regular bell pepper, but have the same consistency as them and the aroma is fresh and pleasing. I also enjoy them cut up and put into a fresh green salad or just dipped into some dressing and eating all by themselves. Recently, my favorite way is this Mexican Style Carmen Peppers dish.
These Mexican Style Carmen Peppers so extremely simple to make and you will be in and out of the kitchen sitting at your table and enjoying them along with your family! I love my spiced up so I’ve added 2 tablespoons of crushed red peppers to the dish. For those that don’t like spice you can always leave them out, or had more for a spicy bomb! Either way, these will vastly become a family favorite. Oh, and did I mention that these are vegetarian – no meat! You’re able to please everyone in the house and not have to make different dishes. The meat lovers will not miss the meat and the veggie lovers are going to love you! Get your pans out and get to making something different for supper tonight with these Mexican Style Carmen Peppers.
From my kitchen to yours,