Good morning Cranberry Orange Mimosa! I first fell in love with mimosa’s when the hubby and I went on our first cruise in September 2009. We went on a seven-day cruise with some friends of ours to the Western Caribbean. Each morning we had breakfast and mimosas delivered to our state room and ate out on the balcony. We had seven days of glorious weather and the best time of our lives on this trip! That first sip from this Cranberry Orange Mimosa had me sitting back on that ship, breathing in the fresh sea air and loving life!
I made this recipe for Cranberry Orange Mimosa using Cape Code Select Premium Select Frozen Cranberries, which are vastly becoming my favorite thing to use in almost any recipe. They are truly top of the line when it comes to packaging cranberries. Each and everyone in the bag looks, feels and taste like they just came out of the bog. I have entered this recipe for Cranberry Orange Mimosa into their baking/cooking contest. Stop by and see if you have time to enter the “Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge.” They have three categories you can enter – beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol), entrees, and baking. I have entered all three contests this year! Wish me luck! I also have to thank Cape Cod Select for this Cranberry Orange Mimosa. Their delicious Premium Frozen Cranberries are a wonderful addition to my “keep on hand” products to have in the freezer.
Cranberry Orange Mimosa’s are a great way to begin and end a day with the girls, parties, dinners, and especially brunch! They’re sunshine in a glass.
- 1 cup – Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. – Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
- ½ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. – Orange Zest
- ¼ cup – Orange Juice – fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup – Cranberry Juice – pure juice
- 4 oz. – Orange Juice – fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. – Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup
- ½ tsp – Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
- 5 oz. – Champagne – for this recipe I used Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco*
- Combine all ingredients except for vanilla in a small cookie pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced to half amount, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Refrigerate in a glass jar for up to 3 weeks.
- Put simple syrup and lemon juice in champagne flute or wine glass, then add orange juice, then champagne. Garnish with cranberries or oranges slices and serve.
*You can use a sparkling cider or ginger ale if you have someone that is sensitive to alcohol or are minors. Always drink responsibly and remember – do not drive while consuming alcohol.
These Cranberry Orange Mimosa’s are great for any time of the day, any occasion that you may have going on or what to plan. If you prefer not to have the champagne, you can substitute ginger ale or a sparkling cider in place of the alcohol. Believe me, either way these are really delightful. Take you glass of Cranberry Orange Mimosa and sit outside and soak up some sun, or sit by the window reading a good book, and just relax. It’s such a refreshing drink and goes well with a breakfast of fresh fruit and waffles or anything else you would like to pare with it. Remember to always drink responsibly and never drink and drive. Be safe and enjoy.
From my kitchen to yours,
#takethechallenge #capecodselect #cranberries #mimosa
Store Locator – http://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/
Learn more about the products that Cape Cod offers – http://www.capecodselect.com/
Cape Cod Social Media Links
Twitter – https://twitter.com/CapeCodSelect
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/capecodselect/
Looking for another delicious recipe using cranberries? Try my Cranberry Champagne Cake.
Have you ever tried a Cranberry Orange Mimosa?
Be sure to stop and enter our Give Away for a $100.00 Amazon Gift Card!