Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls made easy!
These Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls were made with a box of Chebe mix. Yes, I know, I’m baking from a box mix and I have to say with the tweaks I made, they’re really scrumptious! They certainly did not last long around here! I swear, I think my adult children and grandchildren have a radar system that knows when I’m baking or cooking something delicious. They always seem to walk through the front door right on time. These Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls didn’t have a chance to last long at all.
This recipe for Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls makes 16 mini rolls, which is normally enough, but when you have 4 grandchildren show up along with their parents you enlist in some helpers for making more. After they finished what I had already made I had two of the grandchildren in the kitchen whipping up another batch of these awesomely tasting (that’s how Patience described them) Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls. Oh, and I left the clean up to my daughter. Now that’s awesome thinking. I wished I had taken pictures of my kitchen while they were in there. It looked like a giant cinnamon roll blew through my kitchen. Will love, of course.
These Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls are going to be the hit of the evening. They’re great for dessert or a snack. They also pack up well for lunches or for taking to work. You can also freeze them and take out what you want and warm them in the microwave for a few seconds. That is, if you have any left to freeze!
- 1 box – Chebe Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Mix
- 2 tsp – Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp. – Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 – Eggs – room temp
- 2 Tbsp. – Almond Milk – I used the sweeten almond milk
- 1 tsp – Butter – to grease pan with
- 2 Tbsp. – Gluten-Free Flour for rolling out dough
- 2 sheets of parchment paper – to roll dough with
- ½ cup – Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. – Butter – soften
- ½ tsp. – Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. – Ground Ginger
- ½ cup – Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup – Toasted Pecans – chopped
- 2 Tbsp. – Honey – raw honey is always best
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray mini cupcake pan with nonstick spray. Set aside until needed.
- Mix well with wooden spoon – cinnamon roll mix, baking powder, melted coconut oil, eggs, and almond milk. Remove dough and need with hands until smooth.
- Lay one sheet of parchment paper on counter and sprinkle 1 tsp flour, place dough on parchment and sprinkle a little flour over dough. Place other sheet of parchment paper over dough and roll into a rectangle shape and ¼ inch thick. Make filling.
- Cream brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and ginger until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of dough. Roll dough started at the widest end. Cut into 1 inch rounds and place each round in mini cupcake pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and wait 1 minute before removing from pan and place on cooling rack. Make glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and honey until creamy, mix in pecans and drizzle each mini cinnamon roll with glaze and serve.
These Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls are easy to make with the Chebe Cinnamon Roll Mix. Just add a few extra ingredients to make them even tastier. I made a glaze with powdered sugar, pecans and some fresh local honey from my father-in-law’s bee hives. There is nothing like some good ole’ homemade honey right from the combs. I just can’t get enough of that sweet bee nectar. Everyone left the house with hugs, kisses and smiles along with some packed up for their lunch at school the next day. Nothing like love and laughter in the kitchen.
From my kitchen to yours,