I was inspired to make this Gluten-Free Banana Bread because it’s one of my granddaughter’s favorite snacks and I can’t believe that I haven’t made it for her before now! Last week I had purchased a large bunch of banana’s because the kids were coming over (all 7) and when that happens you need to stock up on multiples of each item. Otherwise, you are going to hear someone say – I didn’t get one – and when that happens, there goes your fun time, right out the window! Really that can happen around here, well, sometimes. Anyway, I always try to stay stocked up on their favorite snacks of choice.
Related: Try my Simple Gluten-Free Bread for all those great sandwiches.
Midweek Autumn came over after school and we still had some bananas left from the weekend before and they were starting to turn that healthy ripe brown color. I personally like my bananas under ripe and she loves them when they turn brown so I usually save those for her to eat. While standing in the kitchen she noticed them and asked me if I’ve ever made Gluten-Free Banana Bread, and of course I told her that I had and she proceeded to tell me it was one of her favorites (some Grammie I am, I didn’t even know that). So we dug out the loaf pan and created this deliciously moist Gluten-Free Banana Bread together! You can’t get any better than that! I love it when my grandchildren want to cook and bake with me, it really warms my heart and soul.
This Gluten-Bread is a delicious treat for the whole family! It's great to make for gifts for teachers, family and friends. This moist and delicious Gluten-Free Banana Bread will be a hit no matter what!
- 1 cup – Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1 cup – Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten-Free 1 to 1
- ½ tsp – Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp – Sea Salt
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Xanthum Gum*
- 2 eggs – Beaten – room temp
- ½ cup – Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup – Stevia in The Raw
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ¼ cup – Coconut Oil – melted and cooled
- 8 ½ x 4 Loaf Pan
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp – Gluten Free Flour – for dusting the pan
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, spray loaf pan with non-stick spray and dust with flour. Set aside until needed.
- In a medium bowl mix with a wire whisk – flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthum gum. Set aside until needed.
- In large bowl, mix with whisk – do not use hand mixer or stand mixer – eggs, yogurt, stevia, vanilla, coconut oil, and mashed bananas until well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a wooden spoon until just combined. Don’t over mix. Mix until all the dry ingredients have been combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
*If you're using a Gluten-Free Flour that already has xanthum gum, then omit this in the recipe.
This Gluten-Free Banana Bread is a show stopper around here! Everyone loved it and we’ve put this on our re-make list for the holidays. It will make a great gift to give to the teachers, coaches, family and friends, and anyone else you have on your list! It’s wonderful heated up with a little butter and cream cheese (my favorite way) or butter each side and heat it in a pan on each side for 3 minutes and you’ll get a slice of Gluten-Free Banana Bread with a slightly crunchy outside and a moist center. Autumn and I could eat this at every meal! Next we are off to create some delicious Pumpkin Bread, another of her favorites. Enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours,
Looking for another bread recipe? Try my Oopsie Bread Pizza!
Oh, don’t forget to stop and enter our October Giveaway while you’re here.