These Lemon Yogurt Pancakes were at big hit when I went home for a visit this past month. I was lucky enough to be able to visit my family and friends in Florida and Tennessee for the month of August and it was a blast. It was so nice to see my family members that I only get to see once a year when I take vacation and go to my home town of Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte Florida. This trip I was able to include a stop to see my best girl in Tennessee as well. While there I did a lot of cooking and came up with these Lemon Yogurt Pancakes that were at hit with everyone!
Related: Grammie’s Applesauce Pancakes.
I not only made these delicious Lemon Yogurt Pancakes twice in Florida, but again in Tennessee as well. They are super easy to make and taste absolutely scrumptious. The yogurt adds a creamy flavor and makes the pancakes light and fluffy. Oh, and that pop of lemon is really refreshing for your mouth and your taste buds zing with flavor. These Lemon Yogurt Pancakes are certainly on the families favorite list of things for me to make when I go back next year for a visit.
These Lemon Yogurt Pancakes are a wonderful way to start your family off with a refreshing and delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup – Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup – Oat Flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt – optional
- ½ tsp – Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ¼ cup – Stevia in the Raw – or sugar of your choice
- 2 – Eggs – beaten
- 2 Tbsp. – Coconut Oil – melted
- 1 cup – Plain Greek Yogurt – low fat
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- ¾ + - Almond Milk or milk of your choice.
- Griddle or Pan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray – I use coconut spray.
- Sift together – flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside until needed.
- Mix together with whisk – lemon extract, vanilla, stevia, eggs, coconut oil, yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest, until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour by ¼ cup onto a hot griddle that has been spray with non- stick spray and cook until golden on each side. Approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and your favorite syrup!
Start your family off with these Lemon Yogurt Pancakes and begin their day out right. These delicious pancakes will keep them fueled for school, work or on the weekends when you want a nice start to the day. Oh, they’re also great as snacks. I like to have them with a little jam and peanut butter for a quick snack for running out the door. I also save the left-overs (I always make more than needed for this purpose) and pack them up in a stack of three and throw them in the freezer. This way, when you are in a rush, all you have to do is throw them in the toaster and you’re all set for a wonderful breakfast of Lemon Yogurt Pancakes in just minutes. I hope you enjoy these Lemon Yogurt Pancakes as much as my family has.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another delicious pancake recipe? Try by first blog post – Better Blueberry Pancakes.