I love waking up on a lazy Sunday morning and fixing a delicious refreshing cup of Caramel Iced Coffee to get my day started. There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck listening to the birds and the neighbor’s cows mooing (yes, I live next to a farm). The bees are buzzing around my lilies, which always brings a smile to my face. The sweet lilies were given to me by my daughter Sylvia for my first Mother’s Day gift after moving into our home.
I think it’s the buzzing of the bees, the chirping of the birds and of course the cows and their good morning moo’s that really wake me up. Around here we drink decaf coffee because both my husband and I are to limit caffeine from our daily life’s. Believe me, it was a very hard jump to make, but now that we are used to it – it’s a breeze. This Caramel Iced Coffee takes just like to loaded stuff but with a sweet caramel flavor.
This Caramel Iced Coffee is a wonderful way to start out your morning. It will have you smiling in no time and ready to face what ever your day holds.
- 1 pot (12 cups) – Brewed Coffee – black, decaf or regular
- 1 packet – Stevia in The Raw – or sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup – Coffee Mate French Vanilla Coffee Creamer – sugar free or regular
- 2 tsp – Caramel Flavoring
- Coffee Ice Cubes - freeze left over coffee from the day before in ice cube trays
- Brew coffee and allow it to cool.
- Once coffee is cool combine all ingredients and pour into a mason jar and store in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- Add coffee ice cubes to a glass and fill it up with your Caramel Coffee and serve.
- Add your favorite topping to change things up. I like whip cream with cinnamon sprinkled on top!
This Caramel Iced Coffee taste just like the ones you can get in those drive thru places but only better. There’s no extra additives that you don’t need and it’s low in sugar, which is a great thing for those looking to limit their intake of sugar in their diet.
Caramel Iced Coffee is a breeze to fix. All I did was freeze left-over coffee in some ice cube trays (yes, I still use those), stick in the freezer, leave them overnight, and the next day you can whip this up in a jiffy. Be creative – add some chocolate syrup, or whip cream to your glass with a little sprinkle of cinnamon and you’ve got a whole new taste! So, don’t throw out that left-over coffee, just freeze it and make this wonderful refreshing Caramel Iced Coffee to start your day.
From our kitchen to yours,
Looking for a delicious snack to have with this refreshing Caramel Iced Coffee? Try my Mini Spice Cakes!