This simple and delicious Potato Pie has become one of our favorite ways to serve up almost any kind of potato. I was getting tired of making the same old potatoes and wanted to try something different for dinner. I had seen someone make thin sliced potatoes in a muffin pan and I thought why not, so I decided to create this scrumptious Potato Pie instead.
Related: Want to try a sweet side of the potato? Try my Cinnamon Potato Pockets.
This wonderful dish is really very easy to make. Most of the time involved is baking in the oven, so you don’t need to stand around and keep checking on it. You can take some time to yourself while it bakes and get in some reading from your favorite book or just relax while your Potato Pie is baking in the oven. I’m always ready for some “me” time and will squeak it out wherever I can.
This delicious Potato Pie is a quick and easy meal all on it's own! Delicious potatoes, cheese and bacon to top it off will make this the star of the show.
- 6 medium – Potatoes – washed and sliced thin
- ½ cup – Sweet Onion – diced small
- ½ cup – Crisp Bacon – crumbled – about 8 slices
- ¼ cup - Cheddar Cheese – grated
- ¼ cup – Parmesan Cheese – grated
- 1 tsp – Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp – Dried Parsley
- Non-Stick Spray Coconut Oil
- 9 x 9 inch Pie Pan
- Pre-heat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray pie pan with coconut oil and set aside until needed.
- Mix all seasonings in a small bowl.
- Lay potato slices in layers in prepared pie pan – one layer of potatoes, sprinkle a little of the seasoning on top, then sprinkle on a little cheese, about 1 tablespoon. Keep repeating this step until all ingredients have been added.
- Final layer should be cheese and the crumbled bacon. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until top layer is brown and a little crispy.
- Serve with your favorite green salad and your meal is complete.
I made this Potato Pie a complete meal by serving one of my favorite green salads with spinach, kale, and romaine hearts along with my quick salad dressing of vinegar and oil. Yum! I’m hungry just typing this out and I’m not sure I’ll make it until dinner without digging in to this delicious dish first.
This Potato Pie is so versatile, you can add almost anything ingredient to it and no matter what it’s going to be delicious. I enjoyed mine with Sriracha sauce over the top to give it a super kick of spice. Can’t be too spicy for me. This Potato Pie would be great to take along to any family gathering and it’s sure to please all potato lovers.
From my kitchen to yours,
For another delicious potato recipe, try my Quick and Easy Potato Baskets.