Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies are on our list of healthy, good for you at the same time cookies to eat this summer. They’re quick and easy to make and are great to have on the go. They are also gluten-free, dairy free and sugar free! I came up with these because I had some left over Tri-Color Quinoa from dinner the night before. Most everyone knows how much I love quinoa and how much I hate to waste food, and that I love to create something tasty with leftovers! Well, these delicious Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies fall right into that category. Not only that, all my grandchildren absolutely loved them! They’ve been added to their list of tasty creations at Grammies!
Not only are these Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies delicious, but they are packed with healthy goodness. Quinoa contains more fiber than most grains, it’s gluten-free, is rich in magnesium (which promotes good joint health), and is one of the most protein rich foods out there. I mean, you get something totally scrumptious and it’s good for you in the same process. Can’t get any better than that! Oh, and – kids are going to love them as well. It’s a great way to get some of that “good for you” food into them that’s packed with all kinds of goodness.
These Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies are great to pack in lunches, to have as a snack or just because you need a pick-me-up and want something that’s good for you and tastes great.
- 2 – Medium – Bananas – mashed
- 2 – Eggs – beaten
- 2 cups – Tri-Colored Quinoa – cooked according to package
- ½ tsp – Cinnamon
- ½ tsp – Nutmeg
- ½ tsp – Sea Salt – optional
- ½ cup – Gluten-Free Flour
- ¼ cup – Rice Flour
- ½ cup – Chocolate Chips – gluten-free and dairy free
- ½ cup – Dried Cranberries – no sugar added
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Mix – mashed bananas, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
- Add – cooked quinoa and flours, mixing well with spoon.
- Add in chocolate chips and cranberries, mixing well.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until done.
These Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies are great to pack in lunches, as a take a-long while hiking, or anytime when you need a little pick-me-up to keep you going throughout the day. These are wonderful as a quick breakfast before running out the door as well as an afternoon snack. You can even change up the ingredients and add other nuts, raisins or even dates to the recipe. These Chocolate Confetti Quinoa Cookies are great for anytime of the day and make a wonderful after school snack for the kiddo’s. So get out your mixing bowl, grab your baking sheet, turn on your oven and get to baking! Enjoy.
From my kitchen to yours
Want another goodness packed snack? Try my Quinoa Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with Almonds.
Oh, and don’t forget to enter our July Giveaway, there’s still plenty of time to get in on a $100.00 Amazon gift card.