I’m so excited because it’s that BBQ Chicken with homemade BBQ Sauce time of the year! I love to sit out on the deck and soak up some of that glorious sunshine and watch my grandchildren playing in the yard. We’re very lucky to have a yard where they can run and play while visiting for the day or night. Sometimes we set up tents for them to camp out in and build a fire for those scrumptious roasted marshmallows after having a delicious meal of BBQ Chicken and all the trimmings.
Related: Want another chicken recipe? Try my Succulent Marinated Chicken Breast.
Usually when we have a BBQ the whole family comes over and each one will bring a dish to add to the line-up of food. We (my hubby and I) will supply the meat and the girls will bring salads, and our son will bring corn and beverages, and all the kids will bring their never dying appetites, as they always do.
With a crowd as large as ours (15 and this is just our children and grandchildren), we usually by whole chickens and cut them in half and load them up with some delicious seasoning and homemade BBQ Sauce. This way everyone gets their favorite part of the chicken and there is plenty to go around. If there are any left-overs, we’ll package them up and just throw them in the freezer for another day when you just don’t want to mess with cooking. All you have to do is remove them from the freezer and let them thaw and re-warm them on the grill and you’ll have some delicious BBQ Chicken with-out all the time involved.
This BBQ Chicken with my homemade BBQ Sauce is the grilling Bomb! It's sweet, tangy, moist and delicious. It's a Blue Ribbon winner for any family gathering. Get you grill on for this summer and enjoy some delicious BBQ Chicken.
- 4 – Whole Chickens – cut in half
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. – Dry Ground Mustard
- ½ tsp. – Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. – Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. – Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. – Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. – Crushed Red Peppers
- ½ tsp. – Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. – Truvia or sugar of your choice
- 4 Tbsp. – Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup – Red Wine Vinegar or vinegar of your choice
- ½ cup – Water
- 2 cups – Tomato Sauce
- Sprinkle chicken halves with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside until needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and cook for about 10 minutes on low. You will use this to baste your chicken halves.
- Pre heat grill to high. Once grill is heated place chicken halves on grill and turn down heat to medium. Grill chicken in 6 minute intervals for 6 minutes each side, that’s 4 intervals per side, for a total of 24 minutes each side. Start applying BBQ Sauce after 12 minutes on each side has been done. Then baste chicken on each interval. * Once chicken is finished allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
*Grilling variables will be different depending on how hot or fast your grill cooks. Always cook chicken to temperature and check the breast part of the chicken with a meat thermometer and it should reach 160 degrees. Remember the chicken will continue cooking during the rest period and will raise at least another 5 degrees.
This BBQ Chicken with my homemade BBQ Sauce is simple delicious and juicy! I mean look at that meat starting to separate from the bone. You can see the juices flowing out of the chicken! Wow, I think I need to make some more after writing this. I’m now hungry once again for some tasty BBQ Chicken! It’s a great recipe for serving a crowd or just a few. You can change the amount you fix and fit it to however many you’ll have sitting around your table. It’s a blue ribbon winner each and every time you fix it. We hope you enjoy this BBQ Chicken as much as we have. Enjoy.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want a delicious cool side dish for this BBQ Chicken recipe? Try my CopyCat Suddenly Salad.
How about a dessert to top off your meal? Try my Avocado Lime Pie.
FYI – Chicken provides vitamins B3, B6, and B12, along with other metabolism boosting essentials that are needed in our daily diet.
Don’t forget to enter our July Giveaway for an Amazon Gift Card. Enter here.