This Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is by far one off the most refreshing dishes to have in the summer-time. It’s loaded with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. It’s also topped off with a red wine vinegar and oil dressing that taste great on a hot summer day. The fresh crunch of the chilled vegetables will cool you off and keep you going. My Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is a must “take-a-long” to any party or holiday function you may attend or hold at your home.
Related: for another great salad recipe, try my Copy-Cat Suddenly Salad!
This is so good that I can sit down and eat the entire bowl myself! I’m very big on eating fresh raw veggies, especially if they taste great, and this Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is super delicious on the tasty scale! You can eat this alone or with rice, noodles, on top of a green salad or on some tasty tacos to kick them up a notch or two. You can even add some fresh jalapeno’s or your favorite hot peppers to give it a little extra taste. The versatility of this recipe is what makes it the best, besides it being one of the easiest salads to make.
This Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is a great summer dish for any day of the week. Take it along to a BBQ and keep everyone as cool as a cucumber.
- 4 – Kumato Tomatoes – or tomatoes of your choice, sliced and chopped in small chunks.
- 6 Large – Pickling Cucumbers – chopped into bite size pieces.
- 1 Medium – Red Onion – peeled and chopped into bite size pieces.
- 1 Tbsp. – Parsley – I use the one in the tubes.
- 1 Tbsp. – Dill – I use the one in the tubes.
- 1 Tbsp. – Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. – Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 – Lime – juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a small mason jar or bowl combine ingredients for dressing and mix well.
- In large bowl combine veggies and pour over dressing and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Put some Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad on your table for the up and coming 4th of July festivities at your place, or take it along to any gathering or BBQ that’s on your list. The freshness of this dish will keep everyone as cool as a cucumber (pun intended). Add some gluten-free pasta and you’ve got a great tasting wonderful macaroni salad that takes a step away from the old original.
From my kitchen to yours,
Would you like to have salads made for the week? Try my Salad In A Jar!