Get in and out of the kitchen fast with this Copy-Cat Suddenly Salad recipe and head outside to enjoy the wonderful warmth of the summer! For years my husband has enjoyed eating the Suddenly Salad mix you can buy in the box. It’s really very simple and easy to make, but it has a lot of stuff in it that I can’t enjoy eating so I thought I would come up with my own version of a classic dish made gluten-free.
Related link: Get my Lemon Butter Pasta recipe!
After researching different gluten-free pastas I was able to find a tri-color pasta from Mueller’s that looks just like the pasta that’s used in the “real” Suddenly Salad Classic dish and from there I went by taste, well, by my husband’s taste buds to get the other ingredients as close as possible. I really think this Copy-Cat Suddenly Salad is as close as I could get to the real thing. Personally, I love to add some left-over chicken breast to the pasta and add a side salad of luscious fresh greens for a complete meal.
This Copy-Cat Suddenly Salad is my take on the classic pasta salad but homemade! It's quick and easy to make so you'll be in and out of the kitchen and out the door to enjoy the beautiful weather.
- 1 Package - Mueller's Gluten-Free Tri-Color Pasta*
- ¼ cup – Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP. Parmesan Cheese – grated fine
- 1 tsp – Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP. – Parsley – dried
- 2 TBSP. – Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil – chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking mix olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, sea salt, ground black pepper, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Once pasta is cooked and drain, add pasta to the large bowl with other ingredients mixing well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving and enjoy.
*Or use a gluten-free pasta of your choice.
This Copy-Cat Suddenly Salad is a cool and refreshing dish to have on those hot days when you would rather be outside enjoying tons of glorious rays from that beautiful sunshine. All you have to do is whip up this delicious salad and turn over the reins to someone else to man the grill and you can sit back and relax until it’s ready to eat. I know that’s what I’ll be doing because I love to hand over the grilling tongs to my husband and watch him do his magic.
From my kitchen to yours,
What a delicious main dish to go with this salad? Try my Succulent Marinated Chicken Breast.