Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies are a delectable bite of goodness! These wonderful cookies were created with the help of my granddaughter Patience. Yes, you do need patience with this ever exuberant child who is filled with so much energy. She is a bundle of sunshine and puts her everything into anything she does. Believe me, she keeps me hopping the entire time and I love it. I get to bake cookies, talk a lot and get in my exercise for the day when I have her. Oh, I can’t thank her enough for special ingredient (love) that she put into creating and making these Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies.
Patience loves to be in the kitchen with me making things especially if they’re cookies! We decided to make cookies at the last minute and she got to pick all the tasty ingredients we were going to add to our basic cookie mix. As you can probably tell from the title – Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies have all of her favorite things added.
Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies are a wonderful little treat for any time of the day or for any occasion. These little treats are made with the wonderful creamy Velata Chocolate.
- ½ cup – Coconut Oil – melted
- ¼ cup – Stevia – or sweetener of your choice*
- ¼ cup – Truvia Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp – Pink Himalayan Salt – or salt of your choice
- 1 ½ cup – Gluten-Free Flour Blend**
- 2 Tbsp. – Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. – Corn Starch
- 1 tap – Baking Soda
- ½ cup – Cashews – unsalted and chopped
- ½ cup – Velata Dark Chocolate Mint Disks – chopped
- Cookie Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Pre-heat oven to 320 degrees and lined cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside until needed.
- In large bowl with a hand mixer blend – coconut oil, stevia and brown sugar until blended. Add powder sugar, corn starch, baking soda and mix until combined. Add salt, caramel flavoring and blend.
- Stir in flours using a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in cashews and Velata chocolate and mix well.
- Droop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet and bake 13 to 15 minutes until done.
*I use stevia or Truvia for low sugar content. **I mix my own blend using ½ cup of each – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour, Gluten-Free Oat Flour and Rice Flour.
Honestly, these Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies turned out to be one heck of a delicious cookie! I love it when my grandchildren get creative, it always ends up to be one of my top recipes! Pretty soon they are going to start asking me for a paycheck for all of their hard work of creating and eating (sssh…let’s keep this a secret for a bit longer)!
These Chocolate Mint Caramel Cashew Cookies are a delicious treat for school, work, family gathering, or just because you want something different than the normal chocolate chip cookie. These are packed with all kinds of goodness and taste simply delicious, and they’re low in sugar, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free! They are the best of everything.
From my kitchen to yours,
Would you like another recipe from one of my grandchildren? Try my Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes.