The All American Burger with Special Sauce, lettuce, cheese, and well, you know how thee song goes! But, what you don’t know is, these burgers are way better! It’s a mile-high tasty big bite that will satisfying any and all hunger pains. This is a hungry man’s meal that will keep him or her going! It’s “loaded” with pickles, cheese, onions and my special sauce, which my husband says is better than the golden arches. I’ll have to take his word for it because he used to be a manager of one as a young adult before going into the service. Me, I never go through those drive through windows when I can create in my kitchen. Things always taste better homemade and these All American Burgers with Special Sauce certainly tasted delicious. One bite and you will never return to another drive through window again.
These burgers are so juicy and full of so much flavor you’re not going to mind when the juices start dripping down your arm and on your lap. Just be sure to have extra napkins because with this All American Burger with Special Sauce you’re certainly going to need more than one of two napkins. Personally, I would just set the napkin roll next you on the table.
The All American Burger will keep all those hungry people full and satisfied. What a way to ring in the summer but with an All American Burger with Special Sauce.
- 2 lbs – Ground Bison – makes 8 – 4oz burgers
- 2 TBSP. – A-1 Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 6 – Burger Buns – 1 1/5 buns per burger, if you double stack – toasted*
- 1/3 cup – Red Onion – diced
- 1 cup – Lettuce – shredded
- ¼ cup – Pickle Wedges
- 4 slices – Cheese – cut in half to make 8 slices
- ¼ cup – Mayo – low fat
- ¼ cup – Greek Yogurt – plain non-fat
- 1 TBSP. – Brown Mustard
- 2 TBSP. – Dill Relish
- 2 TBSP. – Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 TBSP. – Lemon Juice
- Pinch of – Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder
- Heat grill or griddle to cook burgers.
- Divide bison burger into 8 patties and season each side with A1 Seasoning. Grill 3 minutes each side 2 times with a total 12 minutes’ cook time. When burgers are cooked through, remove from grill and put on a platter. Lay a piece of cheese across each burger and set aside until you’re ready to assembly them.
- While burgers are cooking get buns ready by toasting them and chop up your toppings.
- Mix all ingredients for the special sauce in a small bowl.
- Assemble burgers – place bun on plate, lay one burger on top, apply 1 tablespoon of sauce, shredded lettuce, pickles, and onions. Repeat with second layer. Serve with your favorite side dish (mine was a copycat suddenly salad I made) and enjoy.
*I find toasting the buns in the toaster works just as well as the grill without worrying if they'll burn.
The All American Burger with Special Sauce is a great burger to fix for all those family functions and holiday gatherings. Still your grill master in front of the grill and get these mouthwatering burgers grilling. Let the grill master take the praise for these burgers tasting so good because we know it’s all in the sauce! These double decker burgers will be the hit of the BBQ. We hope you enjoy these as much as we do. I don’t know about you, but I’m still singing that song about that burger from that place with the golden arches.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another delicious burger recipe? Try my…8 Ways to Stuff Your Burger!
Want to enter to win a $100.00 Williams Sonoma Gift Card and a few other neat things? Check out our June Give-away.