These Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups have become one of my favorite things to make for Sunday dinner with the family. Their quick, very easy to make and seemed to be loved by everyone. Sometimes you walk into the kitchen to make dinner and you stand there, in front of the cupboards with a blank stare not knowing which way to turn. If you don’t know by now it’s called “a food block”, at least that’s what we call it at my house. I’ve spent a lot of time just standing there hoping for something to pop out and say fix me! Well, these Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups were created on one of those kind of days.
The grandchildren (3 of them) were coming over and I needed something to make in a hurry that wouldn’t take up too much of my time and these Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups were just the ticket I needed to get in and out of the kitchen with as little mess as possible, but still be able to put a great meal on the table. I had some left-over marinara sauce from a spaghetti dinner I fixed a few nights before, and I always have a staple of noodles, cheeses and spinach on hand at all times, because you never know who is going to run through the door.
Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups are a fun way to serve your favorite Lasagna recipe. Get the family involved in making this delicious meal. Add your favorite salad and dinner is served.
- 1 box – 10 Noodles – Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles
- 8 cups - Water
- 1 tsp – Garlic Powder
- 2 handfuls – Baby Spinach
- 1 – Egg – beaten
- ¼ cup + 2 TBSP. – Parmesan Cheese – grated
- ¼ cup + 2 TBSP. – Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- ½ cup – Ricotta Cheese – low fat
- 2 cups – Marinara Sauce – if you don’t have any leftover use*
- Prepare 9x13 inch baking pan – spray with non-stick spray
- Bring water to a rolling boil, add garlic and noodles. Cook until al dente. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside until needed.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium bowl combine spinach, egg, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, and ricotta cheese, mix until well combined.
- Lay noodles flat and spread each noodle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Roll each noodle up and place seam side down in 9x13 prepared pan. I was able to fit 10 roll ups side by side in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover each roll up with 1.5 tablespoons of sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops of each roll up and bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with your favorite green salad and your meal is complete.
*Once can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, ½ pound hamburger. Cook hamburger until brown and crumbly, drain, and add tomato sauce and seasoning.
These delicious Lasagna Noodle Roll Ups are a quick way to put a tasty meal on the table and still leave you with extra time to get a few pages in your favorite book read or spend time chatting with your family while it bakes. These delicious roll ups are a scrumptious way to serve your favorite Lasagna recipe in little individuals rolls. You can make a whole pan full to feed the entire family or just make a few for you and that special person in your life. Oh, the left-overs (if you’re lucky enough to have any) are great to pack up for lunch the next day, or freeze them for another meal later in the month.
From my kitchen to yours,
Do you want to make a homemade sauce? Try my Mama’s Marinara Sauce!