This Avocado Lime Pie happen by chance. I was wanting to use up some extra cream cheese and avocado that I had left over from two different meals we had through the week. I’m really big on not wasting things and my mother always said “waste not, want not” and I’m sure we’ve all heard that growing up from someone. My family loves cheesecake or cheese pie as the little ones call it. So I thought, why not use avocado and shake things up with an energy packed super food. Am I glad I did! This Avocado Lime Pie is simply delicious.
The combination of the lime, cream cheese and yogurt along with an almond pecan crust is – oh so yummy! The pie filling is extremely light and so very creamy! There is no way anyone cat eat just one piece. My son and husband stood in the kitchen, when no one was watching (at least they thought no one was watching) them, and were eating right out of the pie dish! If I had known that then I could have saved some of those clean dishes! They were too funny when I walked in on them and caught them red handed with forks in the pie pan.
Avocado Lime Pie is a delicious bite of creamy goodness. It's great to take to any family function or serve up for a romantic evening. Doesn't matter how it's served, everyone is going to love it.
- 1 ¼ cups – Almonds and Pecans – mixed
- ¼ cup - Stevia
- ½ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ¼ cup – Coconut Oil – melted
- Save 2 tsp of crust mixture for topping
- 1 – Ripe Avocado – seeded and peeled
- ½ - Lime – juiced and zested
- 16 oz – Cream Cheese – room temperature
- 1 cup – Greek Yogurt – plain low fat
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ½ cup – Stevia
- 1 8 oz container – Sugar Free Cool Whip
- 1 cup – Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 2 TBSP. – Sugar
- 2 TBSP. – Pie Crust Mixture
- Pipping Bag
- 9-inch torte pan
- Place almonds, pecans and sugar into food processor and pulse of 30 seconds. Add vanilla and coconut oil, pulse until well combined. Once combined press mixture into bottom of 9-inch torte pan and refrigerate until needed. Remember to save 2 tsp of crust mixture for topping.
- In large bowl with hand mixture blend avocado, lime juice and lime zest until creamy. Add cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Blend in cool whip.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and pour filling on top. Smooth out with a spoon. Put back in refrigerator and allow it to setup for 30 minutes.
- With hand mixer beat heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar until stiff peaks form. Pour topping into a pipping bag or a plastic baggie cutting the corner off. Squeeze topping around top of pie – I made 3 circles – one on the outer edge, one in the middle and one in the center. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of almond/pecan mixture. Zest other half of lime on top. Return to refrigerator for additional 10 minute and serve.
Avocado Lime Pie is an eloquent scrumptious bite of pure creamy heaven. Believe me, no one will guess it’s made from using avocados and wait until you tell them and see the expressions they have. If you’re anything like me, you love to surprise the people you cook and bake for with something out of the ordinary. I’m the queen of hiding ingredients and giving them a delicious food shock. This would make a wonderful addition to any family gathering or take in to your co-workers and give them a delicious treat. No matter where you serve this Avocado Lime Pie, it will be the star of the meal. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family has.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another cheese pie recipe? Try my Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake!