Chicken and Rice Soup can just make you feel better, no matter what. I think it’s my secret ingredient of love and patience that I had to each bowl. A few weeks back our entire family, including myself passed the flu bug around, and let me tell you that’s a lot of passing! After I suffered through my 72 hours of thinking this is going to be the end of me I passed it on to my husband, who thought he was dying every minute and there would be no return to the living world. I thought I would whip up this soul warming Chicken and Rice Soup to get us up and going, or at least make us feel better.
My secret ingredient worked! We were both feeling better just in time to help with the grandchildren, and what a task that was. Them poor babies were all getting sick one after another. We felt so terrible for them and wanted to help in any way we could. So off to the kitchen I go to whip up another pot of Chicken and Rice Soup with my special added ingredient of love and patience (an extra dash of energy for my daughter, because she had three kids sick).
Chicken and Rice Soup is a great way to comfort your family on those days when they just don’t feel well. My secret ingredient of love and patience is an added bonus.
- 8 cups – Water
- 2 – Chicken Breasts
- 1 – Red Onion – chopped
- 4 – Celery Stalks – chopped
- 3 large – Carrots – chopped
- 1 tsp – Salt – or to taste
- 1 tsp – Pepper – or to taste
- ½ tsp – Poultry Seasoning
- ½ tsp – Turmeric – wonderful healing properties
- 1 cup – Basmati Rice
- A handful – Of Love and Patience
- Boil chicken in 8 cups of water for 10 minutes, remove chicken from broth and let cool, then chop into bite size pieces.
- While Chicken is cooling add remaining ingredients to broth, except for Rice. Allow to cook on med/high for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and rice to soup mixture and cook on low for 20 minutes and serve.
Notes: This soup is great for head colds, just add some crushed red peppers and let the healing begin.
Sometimes it’s the quickest and easiest of things that will make someone feel better. It can be a hug, having a book read to them or a warm bowl of love and a smile. Either way – I was giving out a lot of it the entire week! Chicken Soup no matter how it’s fixed just has a healing ingredient, and who knows what it really is. Maybe it’s the thought that goes into or just plain love. Whatever it is, it sure works some wonderful magic in this family.
From my kitchen to yours,
Have you heard about our giveaway this month? Enter now to win $130 in kitchen stuffs, including a 4 pack of handmade dishcloths! And check out our other two giveaways by clicking the pic below. Good luck to you!