Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice is a Whole30 approved meal! Believe me you won’t miss those carbs in this delicious plate of goodness! We’ve been trying to cut back on eating pasta’s and rice around here and be more conscious of what we’re having for our nightly meal. Although I do serve gluten-free pastas and rice, they’re not carb nor sugar free, and are not on the Whole30 approved list of foods. I wanted to prove to my husband that we can have a delicious meal without adding all the extra stuff that’s not needed. Well, I did it with this Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice! It’s truly amazing.
I had left-over cauliflower that I riced up from making my Cauliflower Pizza Crust (although, not whole30 approved, it is low in carbs and delicious), and I wanted to try something a little different. So I thought, why not use it as a “faux” rice as a base for some tasty grilled chicken. This Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice is certainly going to be a repeatable meal to make many times over. The “riced” cauliflower is so versatile and can be used in many dishes and I’ll be making trying pork fried rice with it this coming week. I can’t wait to see how good that will be.
Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice is a Whole30 approved meal. Sneak in some goodness on your family tonight and bring in the springtime during winter!
- ½ head of cauliflower florets*
- 1 whole – Chicken Breast**- sliced in half, seasoned with sea salt and pepper
- 1 large – Carrot – sliced thin
- 1 – Leek – rinsed well and slice thin
- 1 clove – Garlic – minced
- ½ - Green Bell Pepper – seeded and sliced thin
- ½ tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp – Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- 3 cups – Riced Cauliflower
- Pulse cauliflower florets in food processer until it resembles rice. Put in microwave safe dish, cover with wrap and cook in microwave for 5 minutes, side aside until needed.
- Grill seasoned chicken breasts for 6 minutes each side in 3 minute intervals. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes, then slice in strips.
- In large skillet - saute carrots, leeks and bell pepper in coconut oil for 3 minutes on medium.
- Add garlic and seasonings and cool for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and heat through for 5 minutes on low.
- Serve – Top cauliflower rice with sliced chicken breasts and serve. I topped each serving with a few thinly sliced spinach leaves.
*I always pulse the whole head of cauliflower and use the remaining in other recipes like my Cauliflower Pizza Crust. **To be Whole30 approved it needs to be pastured-organic.
Make sure to use pastured organic chicken breasts to stay on the whole30 approved meal plan. If you’re not following the plan than regular chicken breasts from your local market will do. This Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice is a light and scrumptious meal that brought springtime into the kitchen in the winter!
My next mission is to do the cauliflower sneak on my grandchildren on our next “guess the ingredient” night. I can’t wait to fool them again. Yes, I’m doing the happy evil Grammie laugh right now! Get your family involved in a fun night around your dinner table and bring in the laughter while giving them something delicious and good for them. Grilled Chicken and Cauliflower Rice is wonderful beginning to any family fun night.
From my kitchen to yours,
What another tasty dish using cauliflower? Try my…Baked Cauliflower with Cashews.
Want to find out more about the Whole30 way of life? Visit the Whole30 webpage and pick up your list.