Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes are a delicious way to serve up the love this Valentine’s day. We love chocolate around here and it’s always at the top of our grocery list, we call it one of the “necessities” in life, because It’s one of the items that make life a little happier. These Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes were derived from my Chocolate Bliss cake that I posted last year for Valentine’s Day. I wanted to try something different with the recipe this year and these little treats turned out to be one of the best chocolate batters I’ve come up with so far. I think it was the raspberry sauce that put these Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes over the edge into decadence.
Most of these Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes are in a double stack with a delicious raspberry cream cheese frosting that is lick the bowl clean kind of good! This time I had no grandchildren to do that for me – it was just me and the hubby, standing in the kitchen like two little kids with frosting on our faces! It was too funny. After eating our first cake we were totally in chocolate heaven.
These delicious Chocolate Raspberry Lovers Cakes are a wonderful sweet treat to make for all the loved ones on your list for Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup – Frozen Raspberries
- ¼ cup – Water
- ¼ cup – Sugar
- 2 ¾ cups – Bob’s Red Mills 1 to 1 Gluten-free Flour*
- 2 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ tsp – Salt
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 2/3 cup – Coconut Oil
- 2 – Eggs
- ½ tsp – Vanilla
- ½ tsp – Raspberry Flavoring
- 1 cup – Buttermilk
- 3 squares – Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup – Hot Fudge Sauce – room temp.
- ¼ cup – Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup – Hot Water
- ½ cup – Raspberry Sauce – directions above
- ¼ cup – Butter – room temp.
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese – room temp.
- 1 tsp – Raspberry Flavoring
- 1 16oz package – Powdered Sugar
- 6 drops – Red Food Coloring**
- 2 squares – Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup – Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp – Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan – spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with non-stick spray.
- Heat in a small pot on medium – raspberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook 5 mins. Remove from heat and strain berries in a mesh strainer. Keep juice, throw away seeds.
- Sift together in a medium bowl – flour, baking soda, baking flour, and salt. Set aside until needed.
- With mixer blend – sugar, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, raspberry flavoring, and buttermilk until light and creamy.
- Heat water in microwave for 1 minute in a small bowl. Add chocolate to hot water and stir until all chocolate has melted. Add raspberry sauce and hot fudge sauce to melted chocolate, stirring well. Add this to sugar mixture and blend well.
- Incorporate flour mixture into wet mixture and little at a time, mixing well in between. Pour batter into prepared sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely. Make frosting and chocolate while is baking and cooling.
- Cream together - butter, cream cheese, and raspberry flavoring until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar in ½ cup batches, mixing well in between batches. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved. Set aside until ready to frost cakes.
- Heat chocolates and cream in microwave in 30 second intervals until all chocolate has melted. Add melted chocolate to a piping back. Pipe chocolate in shape of heart onto parchment paper lined pan and refrigerate until chocolate has hardened.
- Once cake has completely cooled use a cookie cutter of your desired shape and cut shapes out of sheet cake. Frost cakes and place a heart on top of each little cake.
*Or a gluten-free flour of your choice. **Use more or less until desired color.
These Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes are one of the easiest desserts to make. After whipping up my batter, I just poured it into a sheet pan, baked it for 15 minutes and after cooling, cut them out with a round cookie cutter, added the frosting and a chocolate heart on top! I’ve broken down all the steps for you in the recipe and the best part is – everything is homemade! I can’t wait to make these again for the grandchildren to bring to school on Valentine’s Day, although I will just send one layer and not double stacked – less mess in the classroom, and I’m sure they’ll be sweetened up most of the day from all kinds of goodies that parents/grandparents send in.
My Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes are a delicious, moist, decadent bite of goodness. They can be made for any occasion just by changing the color of the frosting. Leave them a single layer and send to school or take into work and reward everyone with a little treat to help them get through their day. Oh, and after cutting out the circles from the sheet cake, the outer edges are my favorite part, believe me – you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Add a sweet decadence to your Valentine’s Day with these Chocolate Lovers Raspberry Cakes that’s filled with love and deliciousness.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want another sweet treat? Try my Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.