Pizza! Everyone loves pizza, at least around here they do and this Cauliflower Crusted Pizza is one of my new favorite dishes. Yep, cauliflower is the base ingredient to one of the best pizzas I’ve made in a long time! What a blast we had making this crust and filling it up with our favorite toppings. It was delicious! I have to give a shout out to Diane over at Homemade Food Junkie for the inspiration, make sure to stop by and check out her original version.
I can’t wait to make this Cauliflower Crusted Pizza again for our grandchildren, what a surprise they’ll have when they find out how it’s made. I can say most of them are not cauliflower lovers and I’m hoping this recipe will change their minds, especially when they get to have the fun of making it for themselves. They love to get all “food messy to their eyeballs” as they call it in the kitchen. There’s no better way to get them to eat their least favorite food, so get the family in the kitchen laughing and having fun and make up some Cauliflower Crusted Pizza.
This Cauliflower Crusted Pizza is a great way to slip in some of the “good stuff” into your family! It has become one of our favorite fun things to make in the kitchen.
- 1 head – Cauliflower
- 2 cups – Cauliflower Rice
- ½ cup – Egg Whites
- ¼ cup – White Cheddar Cheese – grated
- ¼ cup – Parmesan Cheese – grated
- ¼ cup – Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp – Rosemary – dried
- 1 tsp – Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp – Crushed Red Peppers*
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone baking sheet or parchment paper (if using parchment, make sure to grease it really well).
- Remove cauliflower florets and place them in a food processor. Pulse until it looks like little grains of rice. Use 2 cups for this recipe and save the rest for another recipe or to sprinkle over salads.
- Place 2 cups of cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and heat on high 8 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl with wooden spoon mix, cauliflower rice, egg whites, chesses, and spices until well combined. Spread mixture on to silicone or parchment lined pan (I used my hands for this, it was much easier). Crimp the edges up higher so the middle of your crust is lower than the edges. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before adding your favorite toppings. My favorite for this recipe is baby arugula, fresh mozzarella cheese, leeks, and cherry tomatoes.
- Once you’ve added your toppings put pizza under the broil for 2 minutes until toppings are heated. Remove from oven allow to cool a few minutes before cutting. Serve!
*Crushed Red Peppers are optional – I love all things spicy!
Top this Cauliflower Crusted Pizza with your favorite toppings and you have one delicious pizza! I prefer mine with the minimal toppings, sometimes less is more. I added fresh mozzarella, baby arugula, leeks, and some cherry tomatoes. What a tasty bite! My husband likes his with whatever you can pile on there, including the kitchen sink!
This Cauliflower Crusted Pizza is delicious all alone without any toppings. Once it’s cooled, slice the crust into long strips to use a bread sticks or dip them in your favorite sauce. Now that’s a good idea! Off I go to the kitchen to work up some new recipe magic, I just thought of some great healthy snacks for game day. Have fun in the kitchen, see you at dinner.