This wonderful Vanilla Pear Cake originally was inspired by Rosemary over at An Italian In My Kitchen (I wish she could be in my kitchen, her food is amazing). Everyone knows how I like to try new and exciting things from some of my favorite foodie friends and after seeing this beautiful pear cake, I knew I just had to give it a whirl. Believe me, you will not be disappointed! It’s so delectably delicious that everyone will be going back for more. I suggest making to you at the very least make two cakes! For this family I’m going to need four.
This delicious not too sweet velvety beautiful Vanilla Pear Cake has turned out to be one of my favorite treats to make, and is certainly going with me for the holidays. I was able to change up a few ingredients and to convert this over to gluten-free without a hitch, and no one will be the wiser, but me (wink). It’s a bite of pure moist and scrumptious heaven.
This Vanilla Pear Cake is a pure bite of heaven! The sweetness of the pears and the added honey make for one delicious cake. This will be the prefect holiday cake to take along to all those family gatherings coming up. I suggest you make at least two because they are going to want more than one slice!
- 1 cup – Gluten-Free Flour*
- ½ cup – Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp. – Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp. – Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. – Baking Powder
- ½ cup – Sugar
- 3 – Eggs
- 3 tbsp. – Pure Raw Honey – I buy local when I can
- ½ cup – Greek Yogurt – plain, fat free
- 2 ½ tbsp. – Coconut Oil - melted
- 2 – Pears
- In medium bowl combine - flours, baking soda, baking powder, and corn starch with a whisk. Set aside.
- Peel and core 2 pears – chop one into small chunks and the other into slices, keeping each separate. Set aside.
- In large bowl using mixer combine – eggs, sugar, vanilla, honey, yogurt, and melted coconut oil, until smooth and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until well combined. Add chopped pears to batter stirring gently with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into greased round baking pan. Add sliced pears to the top – arranging them in a circle.
- Bake at 340 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan.
*Bob’s Red Mills 1 to 1 is my favorite.
I’ve had to make this Vanilla Pear Cake twice since trying out the Rosemary’s recipe, not because I did something wrong, but because it was that good! I can’t wait to take this along to our friend’s house for an early Thanksgiving this weekend, and remake again for my family. My husband really enjoyed it with some cinnamon whip cream on the top and a nice hot cup of coffee to finish it off! I enjoyed a slice with no topping but with a glass Pinot Grigio, which I think enhances the natural sweetness of the pears.
A big thank you goes out to An Italian In My Kitchen for inspiring this delicious Vanilla Pear Cake.
From my kitchen to yours,
To learn about my favorite Pinot Grigio, please visit DaVinci Wines (which are my personal favorite) to find out your favorite!