The Liebster Award! The Gluten-Free Foodsmith was nominated! Wow! I feel extremely honored to have been nominated for this award. Thank you so much to Chris and Tara over at Simple Food 365 for this wonderful award!
The Gluten-Free Foodsmith – nominated for the Liebster Award!
Don’t know what the Liebster Award is? Here’s the details:
The Liebster Award is a nomination given to you from another blogger that recognizes the hard work you put into your blog each day. As new bloggers we all struggle daily to get the word out there, about who we are, and what we do. The Liebster Award is a recognition letting you know they’ve noticed you and all your hard work. This award is given to smaller blogs and is geared toward those that have a smaller following. It’s a virtual pat on the back!
If you choose to accept the Liebster Award, all you have to do is follow these simple instructions: write up a post about receiving the award, link back to the person that sent it to you, answer your 10 questions they’ve asked you, nominate 5 to 10 other hard working bloggers that you think would benefit from receiving this award, and give them 10 questions (of your choosing) for others to get to know them as well. Let’s keep this Liebster Award going and get to nominating!
Here are my questions that I was asked by Simple Food 365 – This is my favorite part!
1. What are your blogging goals?
We all want to be on top of the blog world! Realistically I want to be able to reach others who think being gluten-free means no taste in food, and that you can enjoy those family favorites with just a little switch of ingredients. I would love to inspire others to bring family back into the kitchen, where memories and love begin.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
I’m a big tea drinker and love trying new brands. There is nothing like a nice hot cup of tea on any day of the year to warm your hands and heart. For me, it’s my quiet time to just sit and let the aroma and taste start my day. No thinking allowed! Wait, it also depends on how many of my 7 grandchildren are with me! Sometimes I could use that cup of nice caffeine coffee, but my family doesn’t like me on loaded coffee.
3. What inspired your blog name?
A wonderful friend! She also inspired me (kicked me in the bottom) to start my blog. She said others should know that being gluten-free doesn’t mean free from taste. I’ve always wanted to have my own space where I can bring back my family memories of love on a plate, and here I am!
4. What is your favorite regional food?
I’m a transplanted southerner and believe in good old biscuits and gravy hot off the stove, and this would always be my first choice. Since being in Maine (18 years) their wonderful blueberries and apples have become my favorite. We love to go blueberry and apple picking with our grandchildren and then come back home and start baking in the kitchen!
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To fly high up in the clouds to hug the necks of loved ones passed. To kiss my mother’s cheek and thank her for the person I am today. Family and memories are the biggest part of my live.
6. What is the one thing you wish that your readers knew about you?
Sometimes, secretly, deep down, a couple times per month, I just don’t want to cook!
7. What is one food that you love but wouldn’t admit to?
A cold spaghetti sandwich, with mustard! Yep, that’s right, with mustard, and I stand with the refrigerator door open while doing so! My husband doesn’t even know I love mustard on cold spaghetti sandwiches! It’s my secret, until now.
8. If you could have coffee with one person from the food world, who would it be and why?
This is a tough question. I certainly would love to meet some of the famous chefs out there, but personally I would love to sit down at the table with some of my favorite bloggers I’ve connected with. I would enjoying meeting them face to face and get to know them in person and not just by reading about their life.
9. What is your favorite color?
Green – it’s life, love, happiness, and family. Green is fresh, it’s the center everything.
10. What is the one kitchen tool you couldn’t live without?
My wine bottle opener!! Oh wait, you meant kitchen tool, which would have to be my whisk!
Now that you know some of my deepest thoughts and some secrets, it’s time to pass this on to a list of bloggers that I stalk, no wait, that I follow, who are making their way through this wonderful world of food blogging.
Here are your 10 questions:
- What is your all-time favorite recipe that you’ve created?
- What is your favorite memory of being in the kitchen when you were little?
- Who has encouraged you the most?
- Have you recreated a meal from your favorite restaurant? If so, what was it?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your biggest food indulgence, and why?
- If you could spend an hour with your favorite food person, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What was your biggest recipe fail that turned out to be your best recipe?
- Which is your favorite, sunsets or sunrises, and why?
Thanks to each one of you for having such wonderful blogs you have earned and deserve this award. Oh, don’t forget to keep this Liebster Award going by passing it on!
Thanks again to Chris and Tara over at Simple Food 365!
From my blogging world to yours,