Apple Curry Chicken is a delicious bite of warmth on a plate, and has the most amazing aroma while it’s cooking, and the taste is out of this world good! The combination of the apples, curry and chicken are one tasty marriage of food and seasonings that will have you going back for seconds. The sweetness of the cooked apples, that warm spice from of the curry sauce, and the tenderness of the chicken breasts over a dish of perfectly cooked basmati rice, is just plain old comfort.
Related: For another rice favorite try my Basmati Rice Stuffed Bell Pepper.
I love to spice mine up by adding some extra crushed red peppers to my dish. Not everyone here likes the extra heat, unless you’re my granddaughter, she takes after my own heart with her spicy loving taste buds. She and I are not the mild ones in the family, we both take after my hot pepper loving father who puts grove pepper sauce on his eggs and hot sauce on his fried chicken – yum, I’ve just made myself hungry, again!
Apple Curry Chicken is a quick and easy meal for those busy nights through the week or on the weekend, and will hold all the warmth, comfort and taste of meal you’ve spent all day in the kitchen making. The combination of the apples, curry and tender chicken is a must try.
- 1 cup – Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp – Garlic Powder – for rice water
- 2 – Chicken Breasts – boneless, skinless, and sliced into medallions
- 1/8 tsp – Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder – to season chicken
- 2 tbsp. – Butter
- 2 tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- 3 medium – Apples – peeled, corned and chopped
- 1 small – Onion – diced
- 1 ½ tbsp. – Curry Powder
- ½ tsp – Crushed Red Peppers
- 2 tbsp. – Oat Flour
- 1 ½ cups – Chicken Stock*
- 1 leaf – Red Kale – rolled up and thinly sliced for topping – optional
- Cook rice according to package directions adding tsp garlic powder to water.
- While rice is cooking season chicken medallions with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat butter and coconut oil in large skillet to medium heat. Add chicken and cook 3 mins on each side. Remove from pan (leave oil in pan) and set aside.
- In same pan that you cooked the chicken in, saute onions and apples for 2 mins on low heat. Add curry and flour, raise heat to medium and cook while stirring for 2 mins. Add chicken stock to combine and cook for an additional 3 mins, allowing to sauce to thicken.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook on low for 10 mins stirring frequently, this is where you may need a little extra stock if your sauce becomes too thick. Remove from heat once sauce has thickened.
- Pour over rice and serve.
*You may need a little more depending on how thick or thin you like your sauce. I personally love Rachel Ray's chicken stock, not only is it delicious it's certified gluten-free.
This quick and easy Apple Curry Chicken will be on your table in a little over 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s a wonderful complete meal for those busy nights through the week or any night you just want to be in and out of the kitchen fast while putting a wonderful tasty dish on your table at the same time.
This Apple Curry Chicken and Basmati Rice is a scrape your plate kind of good and will have everyone coming back for seconds or even thirds (if you made a double batch like I always do). It’s even better warmed up the next day. You can freeze your left-overs (if there are any), to have on another day where you just need some extra warmth added to your meal.
From my kitchen to yours,