Pumpkin Swirl Brownies have become my new favorite scrumptious dessert to make for my friends and family. The rich decadent taste of the chocolate, mixed with the smooth creamy taste of pumpkin, is just one of those “aaahhh” moments. You know, we all have them – it’s that moment when you take a bite of something so good, your eyes close automatically because your mind goes into pure satisfaction. These Pumpkin Swirl Brownies are just that moment.
While checking out some of my fellow foodie friends (which I really call stalking, but keep that a secret), I came across this wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Brownies over at Platter Talk a few weeks ago. They looked so good, and I was so wishing I could just reach through the screen, and pick one up right then and there. If we all had “reach through the screen tasting” I certainly would want to be the first in line. Being gluten-free means no reaching out and just grabbing any mouthwatering tasty desserts that you desire, so I did the next best thing, I kidnapped their recipe and converted it into some delicious Gluten-Free Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. I just hope I don’t get charged with kidnapping a dessert. 🙂
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies are a sweet delicious tasty treat that will keep everyone coming back for seconds. They’re also a great “take along” dessert for any holiday gathering.
- ½ cup – Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup – Oat Flour*
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ tsp – Salt
- ¾ cup – Coconut Oil – melted
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 2 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 2 – Eggs
- ½ cup – Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup – Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup – Pecans - chopped - optional
- ½ cup – Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ½ tsp – Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp – Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp – Ground Nutmeg
- In medium bowl sift together, gluten-free flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside until needed.
- Mix with mixer, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs, until creamy. Mix in flour mixture with wooden spoon.
- Separate batter into 2 bowls. In first bowl of batter add, cocoa, chocolate chips, and pecans, mix with wooden spoon until combined - this is your chocolate mixture.
- In second bowl add, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Combine with wooden spoon - this is your pumpkin mixture.
- Spread chocolate mixture in bottom of small square pan baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Then spread pumpkin mixture on top of chocolate mixture. Using a butter knife, make a swirling pattern through both layers, this will give your pumpkin swirl brownies that swirling marble look.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely before cutting.
*I think using oat flour gives the brownies a better texture. I tried this recipe with and without oat flour, and prefer to make them with oat flour.
Just the smell of these Pumpkin Swirl Brownies will have your family knocking down your oven door reaching in to take that first delectable bite. There’s nothing like the aroma of some homemade love baking in your kitchen. My grandsons kept leaving the computer to run into the kitchen to ask when they were going to be done; and let me tell you, nothing drags them away from their computer time! These Pumpkin Swirl Brownies are now on our family lists of tasty treats.
From my kitchen to yours,
Thanks again to Platter Talk for their original Pumpkin Brownie recipe.