Fireside S’mores are for anytime of the year. There’s nothing we love more than spending time outside with our family, sitting around the fire pit, laughing and watching the grandchildren trying to catch any lightening bugs they can find. What fond memories I have of doing the same thing when I was a child. It’s heartwarming to see my grandchildren enjoying the things I did when I was growing up. If I close my eyes and listen, I can picture me and my cousins running around the yard for hours, laughing and having fun. No texting then, you actually had to – laugh out loud.
We usually head out to the woods at the back of the yard and have the grandkids pick out their favorite sticks to use for cooking their hot dogs and s’mores. This time it wasn’t dark out and we were just sitting around with the older kids. We decided to try something a little different and came up with these Fireside S’mores. My grandson saw a recipe on Facebook, but didn’t write the ingredients down, so we just winged it. The older ones were able to make these with a just a little supervision and pre-teaching of how careful they need to be around the fire pit (never, ever, leave children unattended near a fire). The kids did an awesome job following directions and these were the tastiest Fireside S’mores I’ve ever had.
These Fireside S’mores are great for fixing indoors or outdoors. Gather your family up and create an evening of fun.
- ¼ cup – Chocolate Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ bar – Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate* - chopped
- 1 tsp – Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. – Heavy Cream
- 2 cups – Mini Marshmallows
- Gluten-Free Graham Crackers**
- Mix chocolate, heavy cream, brandy and coconut oil in a small iron skillet. Set the skillet on top of your open fire (on a grate) or inside or on top of your grill (you can set your oven to 350 and melt chocolate as well) to melt chocolate mixture. Make sure you keep stirred well.
- Once chocolate has melted, remove, give it a good stir and add the marshmallows on top, return to heating source until marshmallows are melted. Remove and use a kitchen torch to make them that perfect light or dark toasty color. If you’re using the oven, move temperature to broil until desired color.
- Gather family and enjoy!
*I love to use the Intense Dark 86% Cocoa in my recipes, I think it adds that something extra. Feel free to use your chocolate of choice. **About those Gluten-free Graham Crackers: I always use Kinnikinnick S'Moreable Grahams, they're delicious!
These Fireside S’mores are just the ticket to get everyone outside enjoying time with each other. That first taste brings backs any and all memories of being a child all in one bite. What a great time we had helping the older ones make their gourmet (as they call them) s’mores. Fall will be over before we know it and snow will be falling, so it’s outside for us around here – unless you’re lucky enough to have an inside fireplace where you can make these all winter while everyone is sitting around, watching with anticipation. Get together with your family and bring back some tasty memories, or create some new ones while making these Fireside S’mores with your family.
From my kitchen to yours,
I have not received any compensation for using the Kinnikinnick S’Moreable Grahams, they just happen to be my favorite!