This Baked Cauliflower with Cashews recipe is simply amazing! I have to give a shout out to a fellow blogger over at Pretty Practical Pantry for his original recipe of Cashew Cauliflower that looks simply amazing! I had to change a few ingredients because I didn’t want to leave the house, get in the van, drive the 28 miles (one way), to a real grocery store (yes, we live in the boonies), and then drive back, and get excited about trying a new recipe in the kitchen. So I decided to change some things up and use what I had available. When you’re out of an item – I always say – improvise!
This Baked Cauliflower with Cashews looks like a sophisticated (meaning other than meat, because my family loves meat and potatoes) meal to put on the table, let me tell you – my grandchildren were all over this! I personally love this kind of recipe, especially if I can spice them up! I do have to say that my granddaughter Autumn and I were the only ones that loved the drizzle of sriracha sauce on the top, we do love to add an extra kick to anything we eat. I went lighter on the minced garlic and used ginger salt instead of grated ginger (it was one of those ingredients my cupboard was lacking). I was also out of ketchup and decided to use tomato sauce instead and it worked out perfectly.
Baked Cauliflower with Cashew is a delicious meatless meal to serve your family! Believe me, they will go back for seconds and thirds – it’s that good!
- 1 large head – Cauliflower
- 1 clove - Garlic minced
- ½ cup – Corn Starch*
- 1 tsp – Ginger Salt
- 4 tbsp. – Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup – Soy Sauce*
- 2 tbsp. – Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp – Crushed Red Peppers
- ½ cup – Unsalted Cashews
- ½ cup – Water
- Wash and cut cauliflower florets from stem (I save the stems for soup, yum), put them into a bowl.
- Add corn starch and mix well with hands, dump cauliflower into strainer to shake off any extra corn starch (save the excess corn starch), pour cauliflower into over proof 9x9 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower and corn starch is baking add water to leftover cornstarch and mix well with a wire whisk and set aside, and add the following - ginger salt, garlic, tomato sauce, crushed red peppers and brown sugar to corn starch mixture – mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Remove cauliflower (after allotted time) and add in the corn starch sauce into cauliflower, mixing well. Return to oven and bake additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add cashews, mixing gently. Bake for another 15 minutes and remove from oven and serve.
*I use Bob’s Red Mills Corn Starch. Kikkoman’s’ has a great gluten-free soy sauce.
This Baked Cauliflower with Cashews recipe has been added to our “make again list” because it was really that good! I even saved the left-overs (not that many) and added them to a meatloaf recipe we had the following night, and it was amazingly delicious. Now my husband is asking for cauliflower meatloaf – go figure! I don’t think you can go wrong with any ingredient you add to this Baked Cauliflower with Cashews – it will be amazing! Get your family around the table for another great healthy meal tonight.
From my warm kitchen to yours,
Don’t forget to check out Byron’s original recipe over at Pretty Practical Pantry.