Lately I’ve been all about any recipe containing apple and pumpkin, and this Apple Spice Cake is at the top of my list. There’s just something so warm and inviting about apples baking in your oven. This recipe is one heartwarming bite of goodness. I have to admit – I’m not a big fan of all spice, but recently it has become my tasty little friend. The smell and taste of nutmeg mixed with cinnamon and other spices can bring out a smile even in the grumpiest of people. Oh, and don’t forget any all apple recipes taste better if you pick the apples yourself. If possible always support your local orchards.
This simple Apple Spice Cake taste just like my mother’s and grandmother’s. The smell of memories baking always brings me closer to loved ones that have passed. If I close my eyes I can see myself back in their kitchen with just one whiff of these spicy little cakes baking in the oven. I love walking through the house when there’s something baking and remembering all the family gatherings from when I was little. I can see everyone sitting around the table with their desserts, laughing, telling stories and just enjoying what our parents and grandparents called “the good ole’ days”. I’m so lucky to be able to pass these same memories onto my children and grandchildren. If a smell can spark a memory in my grandchildren, then they’re going to have many “smell-a-memories” when they become adults.
The smell of this Apple Spice Cake baking in the oven is sure to bring back some wonderful “smell-a-memories” for your family. There’s nothing like the smell of something tasty baking in the oven.
- 1 cup – Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 cup – Oat Flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ tsp – Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp – All Spice
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
- 1 ½ cups – Sugar
- 1 cup – Coconut Oil
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 4 - Apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. – Powered Sugar – for sprinkling on top
- In a small bowl whisk together – flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl with mixture cream together – sugar and coconut oil until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
- Stir in flour mixture with a large wooden spoon. Gently stir in chopped apples until combined.
- Scoop batter into mini bundt pans (holds 6), muffin pans (holds 12), or a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cakes are done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool then remove from pans and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
*Coconut Oil should be room temperature.
The warmth of this Apple Spice Cake and family just go together. Taking that first bite with a nice hot cup of coffee, tea or your favorite beverage is the next best thing to sliced bread! Grab your family and start remembering your favorite tasty treats and meals baking. Start building their “smell-a-memories” with this Apple Spice Cake and feel the love throughout your home. The smell and warmth of something baking in the oven, is made for memories.
From my kitchen memories to yours,
If you’d like give my Pumpkin Swirl Brownies a look!