My family went nuts over these Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes. These scrumptiously decadent beautiful treats had everyone in this house amazed! My grandchildren call them my gourmet cupcakes and tell me I should sell them in a store or bakery! They are my biggest fans, and my most honest taste testers. They run through the door asking what they get to test next. They’re just way too funny!
My grandson, Ethan helped me create these beautiful masterpieces. It was his idea to call them Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes. I was on one of my “grammie on duty” (babysitting) days, and I wanted to keep him occupied. Ethan and my granddaughter Autumn, often tell me, they’re going to be the next best cooker’s (as they call it), and bakers when they grow up, because they say I’m teaching them everything they need to know in the kitchen. 🙂 These two are so interested about being in the kitchen learning new things, they love food as much as I love to make it, and they’re always willing to try and taste anything. It melts my heart with love to know they want to be beside me learning, and asking questions about anything, and everything in the kitchen.
This is another great family recipe for the “what I did with grammie” memory book!
If you want a delicious decadent treat, then these Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes are what you're looking for! Each and every bite is bursting with that chocolate flavor we all desire, and the toasted marshmallow is like the cherry on top of a sundae - you just have to have it.
- 2 cups – Gluten-free Flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
- ½ cup – Greek Yogurt* – plain
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 2 tsp – Pure Vanilla
- 2 – Eggs
- 1 cup – Hot Water
- ½ cup – Coconut Oil - melted
- ½ cup – Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup – Cocoa Powder
- 10 – Large Marshmallows – cut in half
- Chocolate Syrup – for drizzling
- In a medium bowl combine, flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and set aside.
- In small bowl combine, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and eggs mixing well with a whisk – do not use blender. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine, hot water, chocolate chips, coconut oil, and cocoa powder, whisking until chocolate has melted.
- Combine - using a whisk, the yogurt mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate mixture. Once everything has been combined, add flour mixture and stir well with whisk.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately add half of marshmallow on top of each cupcake. Wait one minute a press each marshmallow down with a spoon to flatten each one. Toast the top of each cupcake with a kitchen torch until the marshmallow is a light golden brown. **
*I use plain non-fat store brand greek yogurt. *if you don’t have a kitchen torch, place pan in oven under the broiler until each one is light golden brown.
These Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes are a delightful treat to make and take along to any gathering, and are sure to amaze everyone. Bring your children or grandchildren into the kitchen so they can help you, and start making or adding more memories their books. Family traditions, love and food just go together. Being in the kitchen with someone you love and creating new things, will bring joy and laughter to everyone’s heart. I hope you and your family, enjoy our creation of Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes.
From the heart of my kitchen to yours,