Making this Simple Gluten-Free Bread is always on the top of my baking list. The less complicated, the better it is, in my book. I love to bake and cook so many different things, but when it comes to bread – I’m just not that crazy about making it. That’s why I came up with this simple to make recipe. I mix up 4 to 6 batches (depending on loaf size) of the gluten-free flour blend and keep it in an airtight container, and when I want to make bread, I just add the other ingredients, wait for the rising time, and in the oven it goes! There is nothing like the smell of your home, or any home, with fresh bread baking in the oven,and tempting all of your senses. If you close your eyes right now, and breathe in, you can smell that Simple Gluten-Free Bread baking in your oven right now!
This Simple Gluten-Free Bread is a winner with my husband and grandchildren. Although I am the only one that is gluten-free in my family, they get to enjoy all the goodies that I create in my kitchen. They especially love this bread toasted with a fried egg put on top! Yum! This Simple Gluten-Free Bread recipe also makes wonderful french toast and tasty garlic bread as well. It’s especially great warm from the oven, with a little honey drizzled on the top.
Yum! What a way to wake your family in the morning up!
- 6 cups – Rice Flour
- 2 cups – Potato Starch
- 1 cup – Sorghum Flour
- 1 cup – Tapioca Flour
- 3 Tablespoons – Xanthan Gum
- 2 ½ cups – Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- ½ tsp. – Salt
- 2 ½ tsp. – Dry Active Yeast
- ½ cup – Sugar
- 2 tbsp. – Pure Raw Honey
- 1 cup – Warm Buttermilk*
- ¼ cup – Coconut Oil – melted**
- 2 – Eggs – beaten
- Blend all ingredients well and store in airtight container until needed. This will make 4 to 6 loafs of bread, depending on size of bread pan.
- In large bowl combine 2 ½ cups of gluten-free flour blend and salt – set aside until yeast mixture is ready.
- In large bowl combine yeast, buttermilk, and sugar – allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Beat on low speed with mixer, the yeast mixture into flour blend – a little at a time, add eggs, and coconut oil until mixed well. Beat for about 2 minutes on high.
- Cover and let rise for an hour and fifteen minutes. After batter has risen, pour into 8x4 greased loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap, sprayed with cooking spray, and let rise for 50 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown, and bread sounds hollow when tapped on the top. Remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Slice bread and keep in airtight container for 3-days or freeze until needed. ***
*remember, you can make your own by adding a teaspoon of vinegar and allowing it to set for a few minutes. **you can use butter in place of coconut oil. ***I slice mine and put them in little freezer bags. In each bag, I put 2 slices of bread. Note: Total time may vary, depending on how quick you prep. Prep time includes rising time.
Ok, now I’m hungry! Off to the kitchen I go, to make another loaf of this Simple Gluten-Free Bread. Well, I think I should make two, or three loafs, because as soon as everyone smells the bread baking, I know they’ll be in the kitchen waiting for that first hot slice. I get the end piece this time! This bread recipe is great to use with my Not Your Mama’s Grilled Cheese sandwich! I hope you and your family enjoy this Simple Gluten-Free Bread recipe as much as my family and I do!
From my kitchen to yours,