Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a great way to start your morning or wake up your afternoon. Each bite has that tangy sweet, tantalizing taste that will get your senses going! Your mouth will “wake up” your body on that first bite and every bite after! I personally love lemons! They can be cooked, sweetened, or raw, I will devour them in almost any form, and no salt needed! Since I enjoy lemons so much I thought, why not put this amazing tangy citrus fruit into a fresh, wake you up in the morning or kick start your afternoon with a bright, and sunny Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins!
It was a bright sunny morning, the weather was chilly so I needed something to brighten up our day, and bring in the sunshine! These lemon poppy seed muffins did the trick! They’re very simple to make, and even better to eat! I serve them up with some fresh blueberries from our local farmers market, along with a scrumptious omelet of cheese, sweet onion, hot peppers, and some fresh lemon zest to top it off! Oh wow, my mouth is watering, what a delicious combination. This was one of those recipes I make few times per month!
Wake up your morning or afternoon with a fresh Lemon Seed Poppy Muffin, their sure to bring some extra sunshine and bounce into your day!
- 2 cups – Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 tbsp – Poppy Seeds
- 1 ¾ tsp – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp - Salt
- ¼ cup Stevia
- ¼ tsp – Lemon Extract
- 1 ½ tsp – Pure Vanilla
- ¼ cup – Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp - Lemon Zest – zest extra to sprinkle on top of muffins
- 1 – Egg - blended
- ¼ cup – Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 ½ cup – Buttermilk*
- ¼ cup – White Wine**
- 1 cup – Powder Sugar – sifted
- 2 tbsp – Lemon Juice
- In small bowl combine, flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and set aside until needed.
- In large bowl with wire whisk until well blended - stevia, lemon extract, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and buttermilk. Add coconut oil and white wine, whisking again to incorporate ingredients.
- Mix dry into wet with whisk until smooth. You may need a wooden spoon as the batter will thicken. Scoop into lined muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For glaze – whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spoon over each cooled muffin and top with lemon zest and/or your favorite fruit.
*remember you can make your own by adding a tablespoon of white vinegar to the milk and letting it sit for a few minutes before using. **always cook with a wine you will drink. If it taste good to you, then it will taste good in the food. Note: total time does not include cooling time.
These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are bursting with flavor! Top then off some simple lemon glaze that will start you’re cloudy morning off with a mouth full of sunshine. Finish these little delicious bites off with your favorite fruit, and add a little extra sweetness to this moist, decadent and ever so delicious muffin. Pack a couple in the family’s lunch to keep them running on sunshine throughout their day. Make sure to send a few extras, so they can share some love with others. They’re great to bring along as an afternoon snack at work when you need that little “pick me up” at that 3’Oclock dragon hour! Doesn’t really matter when or where you decide to have these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – they’ll be perfect on that first and last bite! Enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours,
How do you wake up your morning or afternoon?