Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops are a wonderful way to begin your camping adventure.
I am so grateful to my in-laws for allowing my husband and me the use of their camp for 10 days this summer. We watched their baby (dog) while they took their vacation to Niagara Falls, and this really gave us some time to spend with each other without the hustle, and at times, hassle of our busy day to day schedules. Relaxing with a glass of wine, sitting by the fire each night and watching the sunset over the water, was truly a great vacation. We haven’t laughed this much in a very long time, and I have to tell you – you really do see some crazy things out at camp, and the food was simply amazing. during this time I was able to make some old favorites and create some new ones while enjoying our great vacation.
While at camp we were all about grilling up these delicious Grilled Stuff Pork Chops. Everyone walking by asking were asking, what was on the grill. Of course I was smiling because these chops were a spare of the moment ideas that turned out so very delicious. There is nothing like the smell of a hot grill in the summer time, or winter for that matter. We grill throughout the entire year here in Maine because at times you just can’t always wait for that hot day, besides, everything taste better cooked outside
Mouthwatering Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops – Yum!
These Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops are a great way to kick off your camping vacation. There’s nothing like the smell of a hot grilled fired up with your favorite things cooking on it. These mouthwatering chops will have everyone around you stopping by your camp! Make sure to make extra’s for sharing, there's always hungry campers around.
- 2 – Center Cut Porks chops – 1.5 inches thick
- ½ cup – White Wine*
- 1 tsp – Swimmin’ In Smoke’s Boot Shake Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. - Coconut Oil
- ¼ - Green Bell Pepper – sliced
- 1/4 - Red Onion - sliced
- 2 tbsp. – Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- 1 – Golden Delicious Apple – sliced**
- Slice each pork chops ¾ of the way through its center. Place in large baggie with wine and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes. After chops have married (marinade) with the wine, remove from baggie and dry each chop with a paper towel, inside and outside. Sprinkle each side with Swimmin’ In Smokes Booty Shake Seasoning.
- Sautee, bell pepper, onion, and apple in coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Stuff each chop with bell pepper mixture, and cheese. Grill for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 24 minutes, or until temperature is between 155-160 degrees for well done.
*Make sure you use a wine you are willing to drink. If you won’t drink it, don’t cook with it. **There will be have extra left-over apples. Put a little lemon juice on them so they won’t turn, when you’re ready for dessert, dip each slice in come cinnamon and sugar and serve. For more tasty gluten-free seasoning visit Swimmin' In Smoke's official webpage.
We had as much fun at camp and cooking out as my in-laws did on their trip, even if we did have a little fluffy tag along, who was stuck to me like glue throughout those 10 days (no different than 7 grandchildren). These Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops are very easy to make, and really took no time at all. By the time I had all the side dishes finished, my husband had these on the table. All I did was slice a few vegetables for the stuffing, and add my favorite seasoning on the outside (Swimmin’ In Smokes Booty Shake) of the chops, and in about 20 minutes on the grill, you’ll be ready for some mouthwatering Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops.
From our grill to yours,
How do you kick off your vacation?