Pan Seared Cod with Kale Cabbage Slaw is a tasty, fresh, quick and easy meal to fix on any day of the week! We really enjoy buying fish from our local market Bethel Bait Tackle and More. It’s become one our frequent places to stop when we are in town. I think supporting your local vendors keeps your area alive and thriving all year long! While we were in town the other day we stopped in to purchase some wonderful fish to create my tasty Pan Seared Cod with Kale Cabbage Slaw. Oh my, it’s so good.
One of my granddaughters and grandsons are really big fish lovers, and they will devour fish in any form. Which is great because they’re not too picky about how it’s fixed – just as long as they’re eating it, everyone’s happy little campers!
Speaking of campers and camping, this dish would be a great meal to fix out in the woods on those weekend get-a-ways with the family. Make your kale cabbage slaw a head of time, and bring your fish along to cook on an open fire! Yum! Now that sounds heavenly. The smell of the open air and fresh cod cooking in a pan, it just can’t get any better than that! There’s just something about this Pan Seared Cod with Cabbage Slaw that gets your taste buds going!
I love getting that char on the outside, to give it those crunchy little bits that are just mouthwatering wonderful. The combination of the seared cod with the kale cabbage slaw just makes this recipe one you’ll repeat again and again. The light flaky inside, crisp outside (I use Swimmin’ in Smoke’s Fish Bait Seasoning), adds to the cool crunchiness of the slaw and is a winner each and every time you fix it. The left-overs (if there is any), make a great fish sandwich the next day! I saved the left-over slaw this time around, and made slaw burgers on the grill for another quick and easy meal. Nothing wasted here, and you almost have your weekend menu set!
Pan Seared Cod with Kale Cabbage Slaw is a wonderful summer dish to serve on one of your weekend camping trips, or family gatherings. Fresh is always best! Support your local vendors to keep your area thriving and growing.
- 2 lbs – Cod – fresh filets
- 1 pack – Swimmin’ in Smoke Fish Bait Seasoning
- 2 tbs – Coconut Oil
- ½ head – Green Cabbage – shredded
- ¼ head – Red Cabbage – shredded
- 1 cup – Baby Kale – chopped fine
- 3 raw – Brussel Sprouts – chopped fine
- ½ cup – Baby Spinach – chopped fine
- 1 cup – Carrots – shredded
- ¼ cup – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbs – Stevia*
- 1 tbs – Raw Honey**
- 2 tbs – Olive Oil
- 1 tbs – Mayo
- ¼ cup – Greek Yogurt – plain low fat
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season cod with fish bait seasoning, heat coconut oil in large skillet that’s heated on high, once pan is really hot turn down to medium heat. Place fish in hot skillet and sear on each side for 5 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to absorb any extra oil. Serve over the top or to the side of the slaw.
- Combine cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, spinach, and carrots in large bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Whisk together, vinegar, Stevia, honey, olive oil, mayo, yogurt until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cabbage mixture and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
*you can omit the stevia, use regular sugar or more honey. **local raw honey, if available, is the best to use.
So on your way out stop on over at your local market, and pick up some wonderful fresh fish for this Pan Seared Cod with Kale Cabbage Slaw! Your family is going to love this as much as mine does. Oh, better pick up some extra fillets for those great fish sandwiches the next day! Enjoy!
I have not received anything in return for endorsing Bethel Bait Tackle and More. I believe in supporting your local vendors in your home area when at all possible! Swimmin’ in Smoke is also a personal favorite of mine. They have a wonderful line of gluten-free seasonings.