Salsa! Oh my goodness, who doesn’t love a Simply Outstanding Salsa!
Around here, everyone does! My granddaughter Autumn and I absolutely love it! You can use this salsa on and in everything that you want kicked up a notch or two. We just love it on my Quick and Easy Quesadillas. This simply outstanding salsa adds a freshness to any meal. Our favorite way to serve it is with some fresh tortilla chips made from brown rice flour wraps!
My Autumn is a trooper, and she’s just like her Grammie and thinks, the hotter the better! When I make my Simply Outstanding Salsa I have to make it in four different batches, mild, medium, hot, and southern knock your socks off hot. That one’s just for her and me! The rest of the family are really mild to medium kind of salsa eaters. You can judge how hot or not you want it just by how many hot peppers you use. For mine and hers I add a little fresh habanero pepper in there because we really like it burn your tongue off hot!
There’s nothing better than a fresh bowl of homemade salsa to get the crowd kicking! This Simply Outstanding Salsa is so easy to make, it will have you in and out of the kitchen fast!
- 6 – Vine Ripe Tomatoes – rough chopped
- 2 Cloves – Garlic – peeled
- 1 Large – Jalapeno* – rough chop, seeds and all
- ½ Red and Green – Bell Pepper – rough chopped
- ½ - Onion – rough chopped
- 1 6oz can – Tomato Paste**
- ½ - Lemon – juiced
- 1 TBS – Lemon Zest
- 2 – Celery Stalks – rough chopped
- 3 TBS – Fresh Cilantro
- 2 – Brown Rice Tortillas***
- 1 TBS – Coconut Oil
- 1/8 Tsp – Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients except tomato paste, tortillas, coconut oil, and sea salt, to blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Pour into large bowl, stir in tomato paste, and combine well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat coconut oil in large pan. Cook each tortilla for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sea salt. Slice into wedges and serve with salsa.
*depending on the desired heat, you can use more or less jalapeno pepper. **you can leave this out. I prefer thicker salsa. *** Each tortilla will give you 8 wedges.
Simply Outstanding Salsa is the go-to healthy snack around here. It’s fast, easy, delicious, and bursting with flavor! There’s nothing like putting a fresh bowl full on the table for your family to enjoy. It’s suitable for any occasion, family gatherings, TV and movie night, Sunday night football, or any day of the week that you want a kick of something extra! The best thing is, you can make a little or a lot – it depends on how many you’re serving. You can even put this salsa on top of an omelet, or in scrambled eggs to make your mornings extra spicy. Simply Outstanding Salsa is a fantastic healthy snack for any and all hungry crowds.
From my kitchen to yours,