Quick and Easy Quesadillas in Under 20 minutes! Yep! That’s right, in under 20 minutes. I hadn’t had Quesadillas in such a long time, and boy, was I missing them. My husband and I went out to dinner and he ordered them as his appetizer; being gluten-free, I was unable to partake in those delicious, ooey, gooey, cheesy, things that were put in front of him (I may never forgive him for that). That’s when it hit me, as I was eating my nice fresh salad – why can’t I make my own?!
On our way home we stopped at one of my favorite health food stores and I was able to find some gluten-free brown rice tortillas to make my mouth-watering dream come true! I know, it’s the little things in life that make me happy, and these quick and easy quesadillas in are going to do just that – in under 20 minutes!
These quick and easy quesadillas really are ready in under 20 minutes and are sure to temp anyone with their light crunch on the outside and cheesy center. Fix these up on your next movie night, or any night when you want something quick and easy to snack on!
- 3 – Gluten-free Brown Rice Tortillas*
- 1 ½ Cups – Chicken – shredded**
- ½ Cup – Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- ½ Cup – Pepper Jack Cheese – shredded
- 1 TBS – Olive Oil
- 1 Cup – Salsa***
- 1 TBS – Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 1 TBS – Mrs. Dash – original blend
- Lay one tortilla flat and sprinkle half of the chicken on top, then sprinkle half of the 2 cheeses on top of that.
- Top with other tortilla, layer again with chicken, and cheese.
- Place remaining tortilla on top.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Place loaded tortilla in pan and fry 3 minutes on each side. Place on cutting board and slice like you would a pie – 8 pieces.
- Top each slice with salsa, cilantro, and serve.
*for this recipe I used Food for Life brand **I had left-over chicken already, but I suppose you could use canned if you don't have fresh or left over; just make sure you rinse and drain it well. ***I always use my homemade salsa, but you can use your favorite store brand as well.
I didn’t need to pick up too many ingredients because I already had some left-over chicken and some of my homemade salsa already in the refrigerator, so off I went, into the kitchen! Oh, and yes, I did share with my husband.
Is he ever glad I did!
These turned out so good. I even amazed myself at how quick and easy they were to make, and believe me, there were no left-overs! The combination of the mozzarella, pepper jack cheese, and the spice of the salsa made my mouth water with pure delight! Oh, and crunch of the fried brown rice tortilla just added that extra wow factor!
These quick and easy quesadillas in under 20 minutes will satisfy all the cheesy and spicy lovers at your table! You can even change things up and use all vegetables instead of meat for those veggies lovers. Make up a few of them and change your ingredients each time to have a smorgasbord of quesadillas. But if you do, let me know, because I’m coming over!
From my kitchen to yours,