This Fantastic Fudge Cake made Gluten-Free has turned out to be one of the most irresistibly, chocolaty, scrumptious cakes I’ve made so far! This did not last long in my house! Before I get my keyboard wet from salivating while looking at the picture and writing this post up, let me tell how I was inspired to make this wonderfully rich, precious slice of heaven!
While surfing the internet and visiting some of my favorite bloggers (which I do daily), I saw a wonderful recipe for Easy Fudge Chocolate Cake for Game Night on Kat & Melinda’s website Homemade Interest, and decided to check it out! After investigating their easy delicious recipe, and staring at that wonderful slice of goodness through my computer screen, I decided to see if I could switch things up and make a gluten-free version, so I could enjoy all that rich deliciousness, as well!
This Fantastic Chocolate Fudge Cake would be an amazing dessert to carry along to a family function. Just make sure whoever holds it, doesn't have a fork! It would be safer at home on your counter for you to eat later!
- 2 Cups – Gluten-Free Flour*
- 1 ¼ Cups – Stevia
- ¼ tsp – Salt
- 1 ¾ tsp – Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp – Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cup – Coconut Oil**
- 2 – Eggs
- 1 tsp – Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups – Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup – Hot water
- 3 Squares – Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate
- ¾ Cup – M&M’s – crushed
- 6 oz – Sugar Free Hot Fudge Sauce – warmed in microwave for 45 seconds
- 2 TBS – Brown Sugar
- 8 oz – Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate
- ½ Cup – Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup – Mixture of Walnuts and Pecans – chopped into small pieces.
- In small bowl sift dry ingredients, and set aside.
- In large bowl mix coconut oil, ¼ cup of milk, until blended, add remaining milk, eggs, vanilla, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add melted chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased bundt pan, add crushed M&M’s, hot fudge sauce, and brown sugar, on top of this layer of batter. Top with remaining batter, and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Completely cool in pan, approximately 1 hour. Turn on to cake plate and let sit for an additional 30 minutes.
- Heat heavy cream over low heat until it simmers (little bubbles around edges of pan), add chocolate, and remove from heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, just until warm. Drizzle over cake and top with chopped walnuts and pecans.
*I use Bob’s Red Mill – 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour **You can use shortening Note - cooling time is not included in total time.
After much thought I was able to combine their recipe with my Chocolate Bliss recipe (compliments to my mother-in-law for the family recipe I changed). I came up with this amazing Fantastic Fudge Cake made Gluten-Free! I owe a wonderful night of indulgence (that’s how long it lasted in my house) to all of them! I switched up the regular sugar for some Stevia and used sugar-free hot fudge (you can’t even tell) instead of the regular, and this came out so mouthwateringly delightful that I actually had to have more than one piece! I know – moderation, right!
Regardless of how you serve this Fantastic Fudge Cake made Gluten-Free, you will not be craving another chocolate cake but this one! Just make sure you have people over to share it with, or you will find yourself standing there in front of the cake plate all by yourself, eating most of it! Trust me, I know this from personal experience! Oh, and what an experience it was! If you want to even up the ante a little more, just add some vanilla bean ice cream on the top! Enjoy! Oh, and don’t blame me if you eat the entire thing!
From my kitchen to yours,