I’ve got 8 different ways to Stuff your Burgers for Summer! Yum! Burgers have always been, and always will be a favorite for any family BBQ gathering. Around here we don’t even need a special occasion to cook these babies, and we get creative with all kinds of things to stuff in the middle! Everyone loves the traditional way of just putting a little seasoning on each side and throwing them on the grill, but we love to switch things up and add a little surprise to ours! The first time we made them, we shocked everyone who was lucky enough to get one, before they ran out! That day we made 5 different versions and no one knew what was inside theirs until they took that first big bite!
Here’s 8 different ways to Stuff your Burgers for Summer ideas that have never failed with any member of our family not being pleasantly surprised. We’ve made – Sausage and Onions (pre-cooked), Hot cabbage Slaw (pre-cooked), Jalapenos and Colby Cheese, Mushrooms and Onions (pre-cooked), Bacon and Cheddar Cheese, Salsa, pepperoni and Mozzarella Cheese, Spicy Red Beans and Rice, and then there is my favorite of all, Spinach, Provolone, Swiss and Cheddar Cheese, which of course I’ve included the recipe for that one here!
8 different ways to Stuff your Burgers for Summer is a great way to get the family involved in what goes inside those burgers. Line up the ingredients and let them choose what they want! Doesn’t matter what you put inside, these tasty burgers are a winner at any BBQ!
- 1 Package – Udi’s gluten free Classic Hamburger Buns
- 2 1bs – Ground Sirloin
- 2 Handfuls – Baby Spinach
- 2 Slices each - Provolone, Swiss, Cheddar Cheese – cut into small pieces *
- 1 – Onion – Sliced thin in rounds
- Pickles – Use your favorite
- 2 – Tomatoes – Sliced thin**
- Lettuce – washed and drained.
- Hamburger Stuffer***
- 2 TBS - Swimmin' in Smoke Boh Yah Beef Seasoning****
- Form bottom of burgers with “burger stuffer” or by hand, fill each bottom with some baby spinach, and the cheeses, add the top portion of burger meat and make sure the sides are sealed so stuffing doesn’t drip out while on the grill.
- Sprinkle each side of burger with Swimmin' in Smoke Boh Yah Beef Seasoning and you’re ready to start grilling these delicious burgers.
- Grill each burger 4 to 5 minutes on each side. .
- Toast inside burger buns for a few seconds on the grill and you’re ready to start pilling on your toppings of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
*I buy deli sliced cheese, but you can use the package brand. **My favorite to use are Kalamata Tomatoes.” ***We have one of those Hamburger Stuffers that we purchased at Walmart in the “As Seen on TV” section, but you can do this by hand as well. **** Swimmin’ in Smoke is one of my favorite seasonings to use for any kind of meat or non-meat item. Remember – you can use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground sirloin, they turn out just as good!
Now that you have some fantastic suggestions for 8 different ways to Stuff your Burgers for Summer, you can switch these tasty burgers up in any way you choose. Yum – I can taste one now that is loaded with some great marinara sauce and a little shredded cheese! You can combine a few of the suggestions I gave, or become your own creator and invent ones that will surprise everyone at your gathering with something completely different! Doesn’t matter what creative way you use to stuff your burgers, I’m sure they’ll be a hit not matter what!
From my kitchen to yours,
Here’s the official website for Swimmin’ in Smoke’s seasonings. They’re my favorite gluten-free seasoning!