Summer Squash and Zucchini Noodles with Sauteed Veggies are a summer favorite around here. It’s fresh, light, and won’t keep you in the kitchen long, because they’re breeze to make. For me they taste much better than traditional long noodles with all those unneeded carbohydrates. Who wants to be in the kitchen boiling up noodles, when the weather is so amazing outside? Not me! I’m all about saving time in there so I can be in my garden, or just relaxing on the deck soaking up some warmth. This recipe is also a great way to use up all those veggies at the year after harvesting, as well. There’s nothing like having fresh vegetables on your table, especially when you grow them yourself. Squash is such a versatile vegetable and can be used in so many ways, but I have to say – Summer Squash and Zucchini Noodles with Sauteed Vegetables is one of my personal favorites.
Yum! Look at those fresh noodles and crispy vegetables. There’s no better way to have a delicious and healthy meal, that’s quick and easy at the same time.
Summer Squash and Zucchini Noodles with Sauteed Veggies are a favorite around here! Sneak in those noodle veggies without anyone knowing. Change things up a bit and add some grilled chicken, fish, or some hot peppers to the mix and spice up your summer meals.
- 2 Small – Zucchini’s – spiraled sliced
- 2 Small – Summer Squash – spiraled sliced
- 1/2 – Red Onion – rough chopped
- 1 Bundle – Asparagus Tops - chopped
- ½ - Green Bell Pepper – chopped in strips
- ½ - Red Bell Pepper – chopped in strips
- ½ - Yellow Bell Pepper – chopped in strips
- 3 – Garlic Cloves – pressed or minced
- 1 Tbsp – Fresh Rosemary – chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp – Coconut Oil
- 1 Can – Diced Tomatoes – drained and rinsed*
- A pinch of Sea Salt and Pepper
- Spiral sliced squash and lay on paper towel to absorb any excess water and set aside. **
- Sautee' onions, asparagus tips, bell peppers, minced garlic, and rosemary in coconut oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, heat through, and serve over spiral sliced squash.
*Use fresh when you can. I ran out and didn’t make the trip to the store. **I use the iFit Cuisine Spiral Slicer.
Summer Squash and Zucchini Noodles with Sauteed Veggies is a meal that will satisfy and surprise everyone! The veggies lovers and are going to thank you, and the meat lovers won’t miss the meat. If by chance you think they will then switch it up and add some chicken breasts, pork, or even some fresh fish that’s hot off your grill. Doesn’t matter what you add to this dish, it’s a winner each and every time. I even sneak these “faux” noodles in on my grandchildren without them really noticing what I’m doing. All you have to do is heat them up a little to soften them up (I prefer them raw versus cooked) and add some chicken to the mix, and they’ll never noticed the difference. Summer Squash and Zucchini Noodles with Sauteed Veggies is on our menu around here all year long.
From my kitchen to yours,
This recipes has been featured in Thanksgiving Recipe Collections for Vegetarians over at Pretty Practical Pantry.
P.S. To make my “faux” noodles I use the iFit Cuisine Spiral Slicer.