This Dressed to Impress Stuffed Chicken Breasts will impress all those who taste, eat, and even get to look at it. Although, I wouldn’t show it to anyone unless they’re able to sit down and join in on this delightfully scrumptious meal. In our house it’s a north meets south kind of thing. My husband is from Maine and I’m from Florida, so I re-vamped a holiday stuffing and added ingredients from both sides of the families; then used it to stuff some wonderfully delicious chicken breasts. With the help of some Swimmin’ in Smokes Chik Bait Seasoning (this is some awesome stuff) and my husband’s taste buds I came up with the sweet and savory meal of Dressed to Impress Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
The combination of the cornbread, pecans, dried cranberries, mushrooms, onions, and that tasty Chik Bait seasoning along with some of my own, has now made this my husband’s favorite stuffing. Serve up this wonderfully delicious meal with a side of Southern Style Green Beans and a side salad of fresh bib lettuce with your favorite dressing, and you have all the makings of a perfectly complete meal.
Serve up this wonderfully delicious Dressed to Impress Stuffed Chicken Breasts with a side of Southern Style Green Beans and a side salad of fresh bib lettuce with your favorite dressing and you have all the makings of a complete meal.
- 1 Package – Bob’s Red Mills Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- 4 Large – Halves of Chicken Breasts
- ½ Large – Onion – chopped small
- 2 Large – Celery Stalks – chopped small
- 10 – Baby Portabella Mushrooms – sliced thin and chopped
- 1 32oz – Chicken Stock/Broth*
- ½ Stick – Butter – unsalted
- ½ Tsp – Sage
- ½ Tsp – Poultry Seasoning
- ¼ Tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp – Pepper
- ¼ Tsp – Swimmin’ in Smoke Chik Bait Seasoning**
- ¼ Cup – Pecans – chopped into small pieces
- ¼ Cup – Dried Cranberries- chopped into pieces
- 1 TBL – Swimmin’ in Smoke’s Chik Bait Seasoning
- Bake cornbread according to package directions.
- While cornbread is baking, sautée onion, celery, and mushrooms in butter on low/med heat until done. It’s done when onions are translucent. Set aside.
- While veggies are sautéeing and cornbread is still baking, cut slit in middle of each half chicken breast ¾ of the way through. When you open them they will look like a butterfly.
- Place chicken on foil covered sheet pan and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle inside and out of chicken breasts with the tablespoon of Chik Bait seasoning and set aside.
- Once cornbread is done, crumble it into a large bowl and combine with sautéed veggies, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, tsp Chik Bait seasoning, and half a carton of chicken stock - mix well.
- Add pecans, cranberries, and ½ cup of chicken stock, mix well, only adding remainder of stock if mixture is still too dry.
- Stuff chicken breasts with stuffing mixture (about ½ cup each) and cover with tinfoil, bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil and cook an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
*I used Rachel Ray’s, hers is certified gluten-free **To Learn more about Chik Bait Seasoning, hop on over to Swimmin’ in Smokes Rub and Seasonings.
After your meal of Dressed to Impress Stuffed Chicken Breasts is finished and you would like to end your evening with a sweet treat, try my Macadamia Nut Carrot Cake to finish off a wonderful evening. Believe me, all those around your table will walk away completely satisfied and impressed, with your Dressed to Impress Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
From my kitchen to yours,
P.S. – To find out more about this awesome tasting Chik Bait Seasoning, hop on over to Swimmin’ in Smokes Rubs and Seasonings website to read all about it. Tell them Tina Marie from The Gluten-Free Foodsmith sent you.
What’s your favorite way to cook up your Dressed to Impress Chicken Breasts? Please share below…