For this Butt Kickin Pork Roast I used the Swimmin’ in Smoke Booty Shake, and yes, it was booty shakin’ good! I added some roasted cauliflower with a sprinkle of fresh peas, and some sweet potato medallions to top it off. Oh, My Goodness! My mouth is watering just writing this post and I’m having a hard time concentrating on what to write, because I want to run back to the kitchen and get another slice. But instead of doing that, I’m going to tell you how I came across making this delicious, moist, and every so tasty Butt Kickin Pork Roast meal.
I was surfing on Linkedin and came across a post advertising for something called Swimmin’ In Smoke BBQ Rubs and Seasonings, and you know me…I’m all about taste; and of course I’m always looking for different things to try out in the kitchen. So I sent Mike King, owner and founder of Swimmin’ In Smoke, a message asking him if his products were gluten-free. I was excited when I received an email back, stating: all products are gluten-free and contain no MSG! And then it got even better. Mike kindly offered to send me some samples to try and here we are! First up, my butt kickin pork roast, using Booty Shake…
For this Butt Kickin Pork Roast I used the Swimmin’ in Smoke Booty Shake, and yes it was booty shakin’ good! I added some roasted cauliflower, with a sprinkle of fresh peas and some sweet potato medallions to make this a truly butt kickin meal.
- 2-3 Pound – Pork Roast*
- 2 TBS - Swimmin’ in Smoke - Booty Shake Rub
- 1 Head – Fresh Cauliflower
- 3 TBS – Olive Oil
- 1 Cup – Fresh Peas – frozen work just as well
- 1 TBS - Swimmin’ in Smoke - Booty Shake Rub
- 4 - Sweet Potatoes
- 2 TBS - Olive Oil
- 1 TBS - Swimmin’ in Smoke – Booty Shake Rub
- Rub roast with Booty Shake Rub. I roasted mine in a rotisserie oven for approximately 40 minutes, but you can bake this in the oven at 350 degrees or a slower cooker. Pork is done when temperature in center reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove pork roast and allow it to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove cauliflower florets from stalk.
- Place on baking sheet and add peas.
- Sprinkle with Booty Shake Rub and drizzle the olive oil over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until desired doneness. Approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Stirring them up around after 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes, about ¼ inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with Booty Shake Rub and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
*This will serve 4 easily with some left-overs. Prepping and cooking times will vary. Cook time slotted is for all items cooking at the same time.
Whether you’re cooking up this Butt Kickin Pork Roast, or some wonderful roasted vegetables this seasoning is going to give it that extra kick and taste that you’re searching for. I hear it’s great on popcorn and even chips! All the rubs come in spicy hot as well as regular. Me? I’m all for the spicy hot – I’m just that kind of girl. Oh my, I’m off to the kitchen to make some popcorn now and get my Booty Shakin’. Oh and no worries, hush is the word when you make this Butt Kickin Pork Roast. I won’t tell anyone your secret ingredient OR you can tell everyone that you made it better with Swimmin’ in Smoke Booty Shake! Now I’m off to try some of the other rubs.
From my kitchen to yours,
What do you use on your Butt Kickin Pork Roast? Please share below…