It’s Friday and it’s date night at our house and we are having Ribeye with Balsamic Reduction Herb Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans. Life gets so busy during the week and sometimes you barely have time to say hello to that special someone in your life. All you and need is a little together time just for the two of you. We decided in our house that on Fridays we would clear the house out of phones, computers, television, and kids if possible; and spend some time together. And what better way to do that than over a meal the two of you have cooked together. This Ribeye with Balsamic Reduction Herb Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans will be the beginning of a date night to remember.
What a great way to start your date night in. This recipe for Ribeye with Balsamic Reduction, Herb Mashed Potatoes, and Sauteed Green Beans will make you think you are sitting in a restaurant together! This recipe is great for that night in, just the two of you or entertaining another couple, either way...all will be pleased and in awe of your dish.
- 4 Large – Potatoes – peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Clove – Garlic – mashed
- ½ TBS – Fresh Rosemary – chopped fine
- ½ TBS – Fresh Thyme – chopped fine
- 1 TBS – Fresh Chives – chopped fine
- ½ tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ tsp – Fresh Ground Pepper
- ¼ Cup – Butter
- ¼ Cup – Cream
- 2 Large Handfuls – Fresh Green Beans – ends snapped off
- 1 TBS – Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 2 – 6oz – Ribeyes
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic
- Cover potatoes with water in cooking pot and boil until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, season Ribeyes with salt, pepper and garlic, and snap ends from green beans.
- Drain potatoes and return to hot pot.
- Add to potatoes – crushed garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, chives, sea salt, pepper and butter.
- Mash with a potato masher until combined.
- Add cream and mashed until desired texture. You can add more or less cream. This will depend on how you like your mashed potatoes.
- Cover and leave on warm, stirring every few minutes. You want these to stay warm while you cook green beans on balsamic reduction.
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium and add green beans.
- Sautee for 4 to 5 minutes
- Place seasoned ribeyes on med/high grill for 4 minutes each side for medium rare.
- Let ribeyes set for 5 minutes while balsamic reduction finishes up.
- Balsamic Reduction
- Combine ingredients and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn to simmer and reduce amount by half. This will take about 5 minutes or so. When it’s finished it will be the consistency of a smooth syrup.
- Assemble plates – slice ribeyes in half, you will have 4 steaks.
- Slice each piece into strips (remember to cut against the grain or meat will be tough).
- Place potatoes in middle of plate and lay slices of ribeye on top.
- Place green beans on the side and drizzle balsamic reduction over steak.
*Recipes serve 4 Start by fixing potatoes first, keep them on a very low heat while you cook your green beans. While steaks are grilling start your balsamic reduction. This is where your significant other comes in to help with dinner. Have him/her do the grilling. Remember that steak should set for 5 minutes.
No need for restaurants! You’ve got this covered! Love is in the air on date night as you set the table and get ready to serve your Ribeye with Balsamic Reduction Herb Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans. You’ve shipped the kids to their room with a movie or overnight at the grandparents; dogs and cats are happy; and finally you are going to sit down with your partner and share a wonderful meal and some great quality time together. As the two of you sit down and take that first bite, you feel the stress of a busy week starting to ease and the conversation and laughter begins. What a great feeling knowing you had a hand in making date night happen. Pair this meal up with a nice bottle of Pinot Noir, relax and enjoy your evening in.
From my kitchen to yours,
Red Wine – Pare this meal up with a nice bottle of Mark West’s Pinot Noir.
How do you like to spend date night at your home? Please share stories below…